497 engine timbo port and polish

cheetah5431

#1 Post by cheetah5431 »

I bought this engine back around Feb from tearoam. I bought it to start a project, but priorities have changed here recently and it's not looking like I'm going to be able to work on it any time soon and could use the money for other things. It is a 497 built by C27 using a timbo stroker crank, ported and polished head, and ported throttle body. It has a 12.8:1 CP piston. It is a fully updated motor. I will include the the HD injectors and ECU that I got with the engine. Unfortunately I never got to fire it up, but I was told it only had a dyno break in and a couple hours around the house if I remember correctly and from looking at the engine you can hardly tell it. It looks like it was just put together. Very clean. I also have a new FMF exhaust I purchased from Caniboomer that I installed on the quad, but again never fired up. I never got around to getting a cylcone intake so I do not have an intake for the motor. I'm going to ask $2000 for the engine and fmf exhaust (silencer and header). You can pm here, but I can respond quicker and easier to an e-mail at kevinpatterson400@earthlink.net. I really hate I didn't get to finish this project, but stuff happens and someone will get a great motor out of this! Thanks guys.

tearoam

#2 Post by tearoam »

oh man. it was at least at a good home for a short period.. good luck. its a great motor!

cheetah5431

#3 Post by cheetah5431 »

QUOTE (tearoam @ Jun 25 2011, 05:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh man. it was at least at a good home for a short period.. good luck. its a great motor!

Ahh tear I think it's staying after all. Got no hits on it, sold my other dale, and made it through what I needed the cash for so I think I'm gonna hang on to her. I wish I just had everything to finish this project sitting here so I could hit it wide open!

cheetah5431

#4 Post by cheetah5431 »

Well it's been nearly 6 months and I still haven't even touched it and I'm looking at Christmas now and wanting another bike to start racing again so I'm putting her back up for sale. This time around I'll throw the FMF exhaust in with the motor for $2000.

cheetah5431

#5 Post by cheetah5431 »

I'll let it all go for 1500.