BRAND NEW 2003 CANNONDALE CANNIBAL 440 NEVER RIDDEN FROM SHOWROOM

wistech

#11 Post by wistech »

Looks like it went for a decent price. I wonder if the buyer will lock it away for 20 or 30 more years to where it will be worth a small fortune or will we see them on the forums here asking why it only ran a few hours before the crank locked up, 03 cams worn down,water pump cover rotted through ,fuel lines popped ,crank plate bolts fell out,ect.

Cdalehybrid426

#12 Post by Cdalehybrid426 »

say what you guys want it sold for a great price and it is worth every penny . dont you all relize when you say crazy stuff like this about cdale its you that brings down the value of them. you drive down the price of ur own stuff, whats gonna happen when you go to sell urs ?cmon guys i thought you guys where die hard cdalers?

ljdbn

#13 Post by ljdbn »

Cannondales are not investments ....we are hardcore dalers ...couple years ago I was desperate for cash, I had two Dales ( decked-out) and a boatload of extra parts for sale for $4000...not even a nibble. So consider yourself fortunate and back-off us....we are the ones that keep them alive.

sjstar

#14 Post by sjstar »

QUOTE (ljdbn @ Dec 9 2011, 04:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cannondales are not investments ....we are hardcore dalers ...couple years ago I was desperate for cash, I had two Dales ( decked-out) and a boatload of extra parts for sale for $4000...not even a nibble. So consider yourself fortunate and back-off us....we are the ones that keep them alive.

actually you are completely wrong Cdales might not be worth anything right now but you watch in 15-20 years they will start being recognized as collectors items. But im glad you think like that because the more people who think like you now the more likely they will become a rarity in the future.
I agree with the seller on this you guys are self destructive to yourself. You have nothing good to say dont say it at all. Any other forum you guys would get your *** chewed out and prob your post taken off. There is no harm in posting any price its just finding the right buyer.

dvrack

#15 Post by dvrack »

All comes down to the Old saying... There is an as.s for every seat...................

MX Quad Dad

#16 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (sjstar @ Dec 9 2011, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with the seller on this you guys are self destructive to yourself. You have nothing good to say dont say it at all. Any other forum you guys would get your *** chewed out and prob your post taken off. There is no harm in posting any price its just finding the right buyer.

Maybe he is right. So,,,,,Lets say we do like he says and start lying about the issues you might have if you do not do the research and allow $s for the updates on each bike before you buy. How high do you think we can drive the prices up on a 02/03 sport quad? Lets say you could up it buy 2 or 3G more. How many TRUE Dale lovers are going to sell their quads??? Yes, the value of the garage content goes up but unless I sell them that value doesn't do any good, at least I haven't run across anything to indicate that. Its kind of "eat your cake and have it too"

"You have nothing good to say don't say it at all." This is true.........TO a Point........ If somebody ask you, you should tell the TRUTH. Unless they are asking for documented proof, it is just an opinion they are after and if you believe any dale running without a Z bearing is a time-bomb and you say different, it is a lie.

During my offseason I visit a lot of forums for help, To many actually. And I will say, those other ATV/Bike forums I only visit for entertainment when I'm bored. Very few forums get you quick and reliable info or get you someone to help you who has a goal of getting you going instead of only, how much money can I make off this turkey.

100% agree there is no harm in posting any price. But I wouldn't take my antique coffee grinder to a Mopar swap meet and expect to get top dollar. I would love to have a spotless like new Dale. But I don't have the cash to have something I shouldn't ride or the room to store it. Which I believe is the normal here. And I am truly glad he got a price he was happy with. a little offended by the begging for an offer and feel most here didn't want to offend him so in a way they were admitting to the value of it.

UpsMan

#17 Post by UpsMan »

In 20 years if the price of scrap aluminum is high enough, you might have a small fortune on your hands. But really, these are not a good investment. No quad is. Fun yes, investment **** no. If I had enough money sitting around, I would love to have a mint, never ridden cannondale sitting in my living room. It really is about finding the right buyer.