Gauging Interest: Possible Sell Out

who_gives_a6

#1 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Using this as a feeler. Trying to get into racing for the first time in about 10yrs and CDales are keeping me from doing it. Just had my second possible blown engine in a few months. Haven't torn it down to inspect yet, but died out and now will only hiccup/start for 2-3 seconds and then die. Wife said she heard a ticking sound louder than normal before I went out but didn't tell me till later and I didn't notice it till after it happened. Now when it does start you can hear ticking. It seemed to be maintaining power but losing torque until it went if that makes sense. Seemed like it had no way to hookup/no low end but power was enough to slide the backend out in 4th even at high rpms. Now it seems like low compression when cranking. It wouldn't be a huge deal but with a 3-5 month wait every time I have a piston go, valve, etc isn't plausible. And I already have two engines on the bench waiting for pistons, crankwork to be done, and can't find any good exhaust cams anywhere. This current one was dyno tuned and had a good AFR throughout FYI.

So seeing if there's even any interest in whole quads/projects first. I have no desire to part out yet and really don't wanna see them get parted either but here's a few run downs for info to gauge interest. Kind of curious what someone would pay or for them or if parting is the only route. Probably missing parts but this gives you an idea. Doubtful but I'll entertain offers on the whole if someone wants a full setup and loads of parts. Otherwise, I'd rather sell whole quads, but not sure of value as they are.

-

2003 Cannibal: No title: Rolling chassis that's complete with silver USA plastics. LSR extended axle, American Star long travel arms with all new hardware, Moto Ohlins shocks with ZPS conversion, stock wheels/tires brand new, front and rear number plates, Cyclone intake, killswitch, LSR +1 stem, Tag T2 bars, rare AC nerfs with heel guards, HMF exhaust. Engine is disassembled in totes but was a good running stock setup. Previous owner claimed crank was done but was going to verify so no guarantees. Aluminum impeller and valve cover. New axle bearings front and rear.

2003 Cannibal: California green sticker title: Rolling chassis with red plastics and. Moto extended axle, American Star long travel arms almost new, FOX float Evol shocks, TCS ZPS rear shock, rare AC nerfs with heel guards, DWT beadlock wheels and tires. Cyclone intake, bored throttle body, UNI filter, PEP stabilizer, billet clutch and stator covers, TAG T2 bars, killswitch, HMF exhaust, AC bumper, Cycra hand guards front and rear number plates. Engine was posted on here before about valve dropping. Head has a full Timbo port but needs a valve seat fixed and a new exhaust cam. Intake was fine and degree'd to 108. I have new valves already. Crank is stroked but rod has slight bend. Cylinder appears usable but will need a new 97mm piston. case, clutch, etc is good. Has Motard 5th gear, aluminum impeller, and valve cover.

2006 ATK: Original Utah MSO: Red powdercoated frame with TRUE WALSH 250r kit and good black plastics. LSR extended axle with billet sprocket hub/rotor hubs and nut, Wave rotors, American Star long travel arms almost new, FOX float Evol shocks with two rides, Elka ZPS rear shock with two rides, DUAL TITANIUM FMF exhausts, rare AC nerfs with heel guards, Hiper beadlocks with DWT tires, Cyclone intake, Megaboost battery with 22 months left on free replacement warranty with Cycle gear, Ohlins stabilizer, Tag T2 bars, killswitch, AC bumper, Blingstar grab bar, Cycra hand guards, status light kit, UNI filter, bored throttle body, high flow oil lines. Engine is still in now and will fire after a minute but I fear low compression as stated above with ticking. (Valve) Has full Timbo ported head, stroked crank, CP 98mm piston setup, 108 degree intake cam, billet rebuilt decomp, DIRTBIKE INTERNALS (different tooth count for taller gear feel and also has motard 5th gear) Aluminum impeller and valve cover.

So to readdress main items:
3 sets of Long travel arms.
4 extended axles.
2 sets of Fox Evols.
1 set Moto Ohlins.
3 sets AC nerf bars with welded heel gaurds.
1 set X-Factor nerfs.
1 Ohlins stabilizer.
1 PEP stabilizer.
1 Walsh 250R setup with plastics/seat.
1 LSR stem.
3 Cyclone intakes.
1 D&M kit with dedicated laptop.
1 stock good running engine torn down in totes.
1 467cc ported engine needing rod, piston, and exhaust cam torn down in totes.
1 478cc ported engine with seemingly low compression.
1 set of FMF Titanium exhausts.
2 HMF exhausts.
3 sets Tag T2 bars.
1 PEP rear ZPS shock. (fresh)
1 Ohlins TCS converted ZPS shock. (5 rides)
1 Elka remote reservoir ZPS shock. (2 rides)
1 Ohlins Cannibal shock.
Probably missing a bunch and also have a few totes full of stock parts. (arms, brake lines, Cannibal shocks, misc parts, brake cylinders/levers, clutch cylinder/levers. I have enough spare parts to probably build 1.5 more quads, minus frames/swingarms.

I recently relocated to Arizona, but can travel a bit to meet if necessary. Will entertain any offers on complete quads, but may start parting some of them if no interest. Will work on photos when available.
Respond here or text 760-707-7897. please text/message here before calling due to work and ridiculous amounts of spam from things I also have posted on Craigslist.

cannonman

#2 Post by cannonman »

If you decide to part out or sell stuff individually, I'd like first crack at your D&M, let me know, thanks.

ShifT714

#3 Post by ShifT714 »

I'd be interested in a set of fox shocks, walsh 250r kit and possibly some other stuff if you decide to part? Maybe a whole bike depending how much your asking. Shoot me some pictures if you could n I'll host them for ya...8157359163.

who_gives_a6

#4 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Couple pics here. The two rollers have some parts removed to store in garage easier. Could mix/match parts for an interested buyer. So I'll start here:

The Cannibal roller with no title I'll sell completed and stock suspension with good USA plastics for $500. Includes a Cyclone intake, LSR stem, and HMF exhaust.
If you want suspension we can discuss and work it out. Disassembled good stock engine with aluminum valve cover and impeller for $500. Can assemble before selling minus exhaust cam as I don't have one.

The Cannibal with title I'll sell fully setup for MX except I'm gonna keep rims/tires and put stock ones on. Everything minus engine. (Lt arms, wide axle, nerfs, ZPS rear, PEP stabilizer, cyclone, HMF exhaust, Ohlins Moto ZPS shocks, etc) All parts minus engine, or can make a deal on the engine that's torn down And needs some work as mentioned above. (Ported 467cc) Not sure what to ask on this one.

who_gives_a6

#5 Post by who_gives_a6 »

The ATK is a fully decked out race quad too. Can sell with stock silver plastic setup or 250R setup. The 250R stuff cost me $900 alone. 478cc ported Timbo machine. I've put over $6000 into this between 250R stuff, suspension, engine work, powder coating, dual exhaust, and miscellaneous parts. I know I'll lose my *** here but curious what it'd be worth to someone. Will consider any offer.
I'm keeping rims/tires though so stockers will go on.

who_gives_a6

#6 Post by who_gives_a6 »

The ATK just had its oil drained and oil looks good/no shavings. Haven't dropped engine yet to see what's ticking, but really leaning towards low compression from possible bent valve. May tear down this evening if I get the time.

Doubtful but If someone out there has some cash they just have to get rid of I'll sell the entire lot for $8500 which includes several totes of parts, like 7 ECU's, tons of filters, extra cylinders, couple extra heads, spare good crank, extra valves, bags full of extra engine parts, bolts, clutch stuff, etc from other peoples' part outs, several coils and flywheels, plus the D&M and laptop.

speedracer

#7 Post by speedracer »

I would be interested in the stock wheels and tires if you part.

who_gives_a6

#8 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Dodged a bullet. Still gonna be for sale but the red/black ATK didn't end up being a big deal. Exhaust cam rounded off. Was a new leftover 03. Everything else in spec, valves perfect with a nice light brown carbon color. The ticking turned out to be a cam bearing starting to go. The metal piece that seals the balls in had come off but luckily the ball bearings were still in tact. Torqued it to spec so must've been over torqued previously.

So looks like it'll be back going again shortly if I can find a good exhaust cam. I'm gonna put the intake cam back to around 106 degrees though. With the setup and even 15/38 gearing and dirtbike internal gears it just spins until halfway through third. Top end is ridiculous.

Any interest in the built ATK once it's together? Can sell with your choice of shocks, with or without 250R kit, etc.

moto440

#9 Post by moto440 »

Price on the hypers, moto a arms and ohlins fronts and evol fronts. Thanks

who_gives_a6

#10 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Gonna start out one at a time. New post coming for the first part out. Once the main items for that one are gone I'll move to the next. The ATK quad is back alive and running strong thanks to a few members getting me some hard to find parts, including boomer.

ATK has new 98mm piston/fresh rehone of steel liner, stroker crank was removed and split for wear check and a fresh main bearing, known good exhaust can with rebuilt deconp, retimed the intake to 106 degrees due to too much top end hit, steel oil pump gears, new valves for good measure, unicorn case, and bored throttle body. A LOT of money invested but do not plan to part it. $4000 fully built or $3300 without full 250R setup.