2003 X440 and 2002 E440 For Sale!

jbmccrar

#1 Post by jbmccrar »

Good afternoon! Some of you may remember my father, Bruce McCrary. He was pretty big into the Cannondales and was the parts manager at Piedmont Honda-Kawasaki in Salisbury, NC. (This was back in the Early 2000's) This summer Dad and I started cleaning up our shop a bit and decided to go ahead and sell all the dirtbike stuff as we just dont see ourselves getting back into for a bit. Over the summer I have been moving all the parts for the Cannondales (which are now gone) but I still have the bikes left and I am looking to move them. Feel free to PM me for any more information if needed. I am located in Lexington, NC.
So here is a description of them below:

2003 X440.
This bike was a demo bike from the factory that was raced by Jason Baldwin here in the NC area. He moved on and we ended up with it. When we got it it would fire up but it wouldn't stay running. We were not sure what was up with it at the time and shortly after we got it we moved on from the dirt bikes so it sat.
The bike is all there. ( i think it might be missing the bolts that hold the radiator shrouds to the radiator)
Asking $1500.00 OBO for the X.

2002 E440
This was my fathers personal bike. It has been set up for harescramble racing and trail riding. The internals of the Ohlins shock and forks has been redone and our personal suspension guy (Bruce Tripplet of Bruces Suspension) has put in his signature Terrain Taimer system. This a very good set up for the harescramble and enduro enthusiast. I dont remember what Dad's weight was at the time but I am going to say this will work well for the rider that is ~230 lbs with gear.
As you can see the bike is not together. I was part of a team in college that was building a formula car and we were looking to use a Cannondale engine to power it. The street tire is on there because we were planning to dyno it and the engine was out for measurements and weight. Aside from the front number plate/headlight and the airbox, we have all the parts for the bike. Seeing as how it is not intact I under stand it will bring less.

Also, here is some more info on the suspension that is currently on the E. (Taken from a post my Dad made about it on FB)

"I wanted to give a few more details on the "E", specifically the suspension.

As good as Ohlins stuff is there is room for improvement, especially with regards to individual set up. As Bryan mentioned the forks and shock were completely redone by our suspension guru and they are absolutely amazing for woods riding/racing.

Back in the days of the old Cannondaler site Ron Golden did a write up on an X440 he bought. In it he mentioned that he had riden my bike before he got a chance to really ride his. He wrote: "If you want THE hot set up for the woods, talk to Bruce McCrary on where he had his forks done. Absolutely the best suspension I've ever tried in my 30 years of riding."

The forks are set up similar to the old Marzocchi design in that the left leg handles all of the compression duties and the right the rebound. This frees up both dampening adjusters on each leg to be used to give you almost an unlimited amount of adjustment and fine tuning.

My personal set up was to have the compression set extremely soft for the first 4 inches or so which made the front end soak up trail junk without transferring it to the bars and my hands and arms. After that the stroke got progressively stiffer to handle bigger hits.

If you've ever been flying through the woods and seen a limb, root or log down across the trail that you knew you were going to have to hit then you've undoubtedly had that moment of panic wondering what the forks were going to do. With these you won't. They'll handle it.

The shock has been revalved for woods work too, but the biggest change was the removal of the floating piston in the reservoir. Ohlins suffered from the same problem as Hondas Showa units did; when hot the piston could stick and allow the shock to heat and fade. This shock has a rubber bladder in place of the floating piston which is more consistent and allowed for more nitrogen to be used, which helped it to stay cooler longer.

The reality is I spent more money on the forks alone than Bryan is asking for the bike. If you want some seriously nice woods suspension here's a way to get it cheap."

Asking 1250 OBO for the E.

jbmccrar

#2 Post by jbmccrar »

jbmccrar

#3 Post by jbmccrar »

Bikes still for sale. Looking to move them. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Thank you!

bigfoot17

#4 Post by bigfoot17 »

So tempting. Somebody,please buy these.

FORDF3502

#5 Post by FORDF3502 »

QUOTE (jbmccrar @ Oct 19 2015, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bikes still for sale. Looking to move them. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Thank you!

Are the bikes still available I'm also in nc