Stock Timbo rebuilt head and crank for sale

rayspeed

#1 Post by rayspeed »

I am having trouble loading pictures here so I will just throw one of these up on ebay and see where it goes... there are pics there.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/222197637191?item=...em=&vxp=mtr

Quite a while back I went on a run of buying these head cores on ebay by grabbing up anything around $200 that looked decent and had cams and took my chances... some cams checked out and some didn't of course. One thing is for sure is that the days of being able to pull that off for that cheap are long over as the cost of good head cores and cams has risen due to them getting harder to come by.

Anyway I tore them down cleaned and inspected them and sent several of them to Timbo and had him go thru them top to bottom and set them up ready to bolt on.

I have started the bidding at $400 as that is far less than fair market value of just a head core and up to spec cams these days. Anything less than that I will just keep them as they are only getting more rare and harder to come by. I am moving on from riding quads and building these motors.

This is roughly what I have into each one...
$200 for the core and lets just assume both cams checked out which often times they didn't.
$ 65 four new valves
$ 64 four new buckets
$ 75 seats reground
$ 25 sticky bucket fix
$ 4 four new valve guide seals
$ 10 new water pump seals
$ 50 decomp rebuild

That adds up to $493 into each one not counting the cleaning and shipping, valve springs and keepers if needed and shims or any labor to set them up.

And you have no wait time... bolt on your fresh bottom end and go.
Make sure you use some good solid lifter cam lube on the lobes and buckets before you crank a fresh rebuild.

Oh on the crank since the pic took...
It was a low hour low speed valve drop victim that just barely bent the rod. I sent it to Timbo and he straightened it checked or replaced the bearing and said no problem using it in a stock motor but would not use it in a ported or larger disp motor. He taped a stock asso pin in it to make sure!
$300 obo shipped

rayspeed

#2 Post by rayspeed »

Bump on this... the auction ends tomorrow (sunday evening) no bids yet and only one watching right not so you could still get it cheap.

I also have one of these that member mgranahan here on the site took my fresh timbp ported head and ported this one exactly the same... then it went to timbo for the same ground up rebuild... I would not need all of the $375 that timbo would have charged for the full porting but I would take $650 or best offer for it shipped to your door.