cannibal 440 $1000 Southern Ohio

towha

#1 Post by towha »

Runs and rides. Supposed to have had motor gone through recently by the guy who the guy I got it from but you know how that goes. I rode it for 30 minutes just doing some drag passes before i drained oils. they looked good. Noticed it needed the air pressure lines so put new of them on and went to top off coolant as it was low. After doing so and running for a minute it had oil in it i believe. Drained coolant. Green and clean til end then what appeared to be oil came out. Long story short. Im done figured Id post here before parting it out as i dont want to mess with it. I did put synthetic oil in not sure if seals leaked after that or what or if it even has coolant in the oil now but bike ran strong for the short time i rode it and oil i drained was clean and was clear of metal. Plastic has been painted black and fuel pump is wired to switch. I dont know how to post pictures pm number if you want some.

Kuma

#2 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (towha @ Oct 3 2019, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Runs and rides. Supposed to have had motor gone through recently by the guy who the guy I got it from but you know how that goes. I rode it for 30 minutes just doing some drag passes before i drained oils. they looked good. Noticed it needed the air pressure lines so put new of them on and went to top off coolant as it was low. After doing so and running for a minute it had oil in it i believe. Drained coolant. Green and clean til end then what appeared to be oil came out. Long story short. Im done figured Id post here before parting it out as i dont want to mess with it. I did put synthetic oil in not sure if seals leaked after that or what or if it even has coolant in the oil now but bike ran strong for the short time i rode it and oil i drained was clean and was clear of metal. Plastic has been painted black and fuel pump is wired to switch. I dont know how to post pictures pm number if you want some.

Congrats on the purchase, please do some searches on this forum regarding updates, I have been out of the Dales for a while and don't recall all of them, there is a major one to the rod bearing that was an issue, I would do the research then ask the guy you bought it from if he had done any.
the pump is bypassing the ECU most likely because there is a relay in the ECU that is known to go out if the wrong wire is shorted to ground, pretty common.