2003 Cannibal

haydug

2003 Cannibal

#1 Post by haydug »

Here here is a nice 2003 Cannondale, set up for the woods. It has Works Pro-series fully adjustable front shocks, Beadlocks front and rear, good chain and sprockets, HMF shortened exhaust, fat bars with hand guards. $3700

haydug

#2 Post by haydug »

one more

LRD 400ex

#3 Post by LRD 400ex »

what are the updates like?

LRD 400ex

#4 Post by LRD 400ex »

also think you can get a shot of the pipe? any other mods that make is an XC quad? not really lookin for a XC quad,just for recreational use or MX.

LRD 400ex

#5 Post by LRD 400ex »

Sorry about all these posts coming, but is that a graphic on the seat cover or a tear?

haydug

#6 Post by haydug »

Updates. This bike being a late 03 model, it will have the stud update from the factory. It also has oil line update. I am out of motormount kits at the moment, but will install one before it goes anywhere. The only other problem would be the crank. It has enough time on the bike that it should not be an immediate problem, seems these things either go quick or stay for the long haul. The seat has holes in it, but is getting a new one tomorrow. As for XC, to trail bike?? This bike would make an excellent everyday bike. But for mx, you would need smaller tires, and make it wider(there by ruining it for trail riding) but for occasional mx I would say you'd be fine.
I may even sell parts off of this bike, like shocks, wheels, bars, but if you are interested, pm me with a good offer with good stock parts for replacement.

Jaybr

#7 Post by Jaybr »

I got first dibs on those wheels:)

LRD 400ex

#8 Post by LRD 400ex »

Originally posted by haydug
Updates.  This bike being a late 03 model, it will have the stud update from the factory. It also has oil line update. I am out of motormount kits at the moment, but will install one before it goes anywhere. The only other problem would be the crank. It has enough time on the bike that it should not be an immediate problem, seems these things either go quick or stay for the long haul. The seat has holes in it, but is getting a new one tomorrow. As for XC, to trail bike??  This bike would make an excellent everyday bike. But for mx, you would need smaller tires, and make it wider(there by ruining it for trail riding) but for occasional mx I would say you'd be fine.
I may even sell parts off of this bike, like shocks, wheels, bars, but if you are interested, pm me with a good offer with good stock parts for replacement.

Is that a chance you have to take when buying all cannondales, that the crank might go? Never rode a cannondale before but i've heard great things about there power and also horrors on their reliability. I come from a past of 3 400ex's and my current one is a stock engine with only a LRD exhaust,uni air filter and dyno jet kit and i'm not diappointed with it at all but i want something new and when compared to the 400ex i hear the cannondale is twice the machine. Well, sorry to ramble BUT i'd be interested in buying you're quad set up the way it is but i'm in NJ and you're in Ohio. Is there anyway we could work something out? Please let me know, and tell me more about purchasing a Cannondale in general - i've been around this site for a while and know that you know everything about dales. I appreciate it.
-Andrew

haydug

#9 Post by haydug »

Well if you are going to compare it to a 400ex, I guess the best way to describe it is apples to oranges.
I have 2 built 400ex's, both with the power to run with a cannondale. I also have heard (and hear daily) about reliability problems with the dale. I can attest that a 400 modified enough to run with a dale becomes unreliable as well.
I change my oil on a regular basis (every 2-3 rides) and keep my bike clean and go over it regularly as well. 9 out of 10 time I go riding, I do nothing more that put gas in and go.
As for the cranks, the 03 spec crank is a skeleton in the closet for a dale. I know of some bikes that have been rode HARD and put away wet, with little or no maintence that have a million miles on them and keep running everyday, however there are horror stories of bikes with as little as 2 hours on them going bad. I honestly think if a dale runs more than 40 hours, you got a good one and ride it.
I do recommend having the crank balanced at some point, as you should do on any race motor. Same goes for engine mount. I know of plenty out there without it with no problems, but I know of some with broken cases as well.
Am I sounding negative here: Well I don't mean to. I wouldn't trade my dale for 2 400ex's. Actually if I were to go buy a new quad today, it would be a cannondale (yes, even over the new yamaha). The prices are very affordable now, and there is no shortage of parts.
Buy a Cannondale (even if it's not mine) and you' be happy. And, we'll see you at the group ride.

dalewannbe

dibs on the hand guards

#10 Post by dalewannbe »

LRD, I don't think you'll be disappointed at all. If for some reason you have any troubles, I'm sure Haydug will help you out. With this site, you should be able to find the answers to any problems you would encounter.