Stock Black Headlight plastic pieces - $15

Prices do not include shipping costs.

if interested, email me at:
andrew.smith@lhdesignwerks.com
(it is ...@LH... not 1h)

cdaledave89

steering stem

#2 Post by cdaledave89 »

Is the steering stem in good shape? Bent, scraped, or beat up? I thought the '03 steering stems were the only ones that have the lowered tie rod plate. Are you positive that it is lowered?

Cannibal440

#3 Post by Cannibal440 »

From what I've heared the '03 stem is the only one with the lowered tierod mounting plate. My '02 Cannibal is a late '02 with the damper tab on the stem and my quad does display a significant amount of bump steer.

smith

#4 Post by smith »

I will double check on the tie-rod plate when I get back home from work and let you know tommorrow. The stem has approx 1 hour on it. I swapped it out for one with a zero-degree offset on the top.

Cannibal440...if what you are refering to as bump steer is your quad being very twitchy in the rough, adjust the rebound on the rear shock, it comes set too fast, if you slow it down, it handles MUCH better and the "twithiness" will greatly be reduced.

Cannibal440

#5 Post by Cannibal440 »

Smith-- thanks for the advice, but I have the rear pretty well dialed in. The bump steer I'm refering to is the unwanted change in toe-in that is observed as the front suspension is compressed. On cannondales if the front end sags just an inch or two (with no rider) and you push the front end down with all your weight you will notice that the tires toe in considerably more as the front end drops. This is the whole reason why the aftermarket stems have the tierod mounting plate lowered. This is supposed to reduce this problem, or at least cause the wheels to display this tendancy at a different point in the suspension travel, where it will be less noticeable during normal riding. The '03 stems also have a lowered plate, although I have no idea if it is more or less effective than the aftermarket ones at reducing bump steer.

smith

#6 Post by smith »

The tie-rod plate is in the standard location, same as all of the 02
's

smith

#7 Post by smith »

The black, headlight plastic pieces are now sold!