Damaged Quad Tech hoods

PeeWee

Damaged Quad Tech hoods

#1 Post by PeeWee »

Does anyone have any that they think can't be fixed? Unless it's a million peices i can fix it! I'm also looking into building hoods for the Dales, i know Quad Tech advertised they're hoods as carbon fiber but everyone that i seen were fiberglass/gel coat. With a good mold i can and will build some but it's gonna be a timely process ( nothing like Falicon and their cranks smile.gif ) I need some ideas, hand drawn pictures of what kind of things you want in a hood. . I'm gonna build a few then let you all look at them and see what ya think and if i have enough interest, i'll build them on order.

Cdale_racer_669

#2 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

i think we need one that flows with the lines more than the quadtech ones, now how to draw that, no clue:D

Cdalerider03

#3 Post by Cdalerider03 »

heres a drawing, it sucks yes but i just did it real quick

Cdale_racer_669

#4 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

what about a reverse scoop? here is my drawing:)

like there is a rise in the scoop, then another rise where the actual reverse scoop thingey is

Cdale_racer_669

#5 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

or how about one like the transam one, its got to be the sexiest hood alive lol. like have each rise for each scoop split apart and go around the steering stem. u may ask why i put car pics insted of drawing them, well my drawings couldnt get the point across lol

Cdalerider03

#6 Post by Cdalerider03 »

NICE DRAWINGS!!...ha ha, hey at least i did mine and its embarresing but who cares, its something to think about!!...and i like the transam one but i think its to goddy, needs to be not as big as scoops...i like the chevy one best tho

krash

#7 Post by krash »

Originally posted by Cdale_racer_669
what about a reverse scoop?

I think that is a great idea!!!!!

Also see about making it with some kind of quick clips that hold it on for fast air filter changes while pitting!!!!!!
^^^^^^^
For long-distance races, like BITD and Baja

I'll draw something up and try to post it soon!!!!!!!!!!

Happyboy

#8 Post by Happyboy »

Reverse scoop bad for water. It would pour right on top of hte filter.

Cdale_racer_669

#9 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

i dont ride in water, and it never rains here:p maybe u could make a cppl designs?

PeeWee

#10 Post by PeeWee »

I'm thinking that a reverse scoop would look similar to the stock plastic. The way the hood is designed, the reverse scoop would set really high, i don't know how good it will look. The 1st ones i want to do is to replicate the Quad Tech hoods. If i can get them to turn out nice and fit like they should, i'll go into different designs, if i can't get them to look and fit good, all other designs would be senseless.