I want a Quadtech Hood HELP!!!!!!

bspblaster

#11 Post by bspblaster »

Has all of the carbon weave been painted over. Can you tell if it is carbon anymore since it has been painted black?

Happyboy

#12 Post by Happyboy »

You can't see the weave on a brand new hood. I and others have wondered if they were really CF. They just seem like fiberglass.

So to answer your question, no. You can't see the weave. Its black with yellow on the sides. I will get a pic up tommorrow.

speed_demon

#13 Post by speed_demon »

Quadtech didn't make the Dale' hoods from CF, they were fiberglass. Something to do with the size & shape of the design.

crazy440

yeah like i said

#14 Post by crazy440 »

Holding out on me happy lol j/k. Yeah like i said i know a guy who has been doing fiberglassing for around 20yrs if anyone has a broken one we can piece back together i can make a mold and start making them for everyone for cheap. I don't need to make money off of this i just want one out of the deal. Help me find one and i hellp you get one. I have been talking to him about it and he says somewhere around 150 to make the mold. i'm telling you guys he is amazing at this stuff.

housercdale

#15 Post by housercdale »

A mold for hoods are being made. They will be out of carbon fiber. The first one should be done in about 4-5 weeks. Should run about $225.00 each. Let me know how many of you are interested.

bspblaster

#16 Post by bspblaster »

Put me down for one. I am definately interested!!!