FIG & South Bay Moto

kdeal

#1 Post by kdeal »

I posted this at Cannondaler but it deserves to be here as well.

Well guys I have been biting at the bits to post this and now is the time.

A friend & I had a deal on Ebay many months ago, and we got stiffed by good old South Bay Moto (what a surprise,huh). My friend and I were going to go halves on a pair of cylinder heads that were up for bid. Never having bid on anything in a "Dutch auction" we were in for a surpise when we accidently bid $100 more each than what we wanted. Thinking that the bid wasn't going to get that high and due to the fact we bid in the last few minutes we thought everything would be ok anyway. Boy were we wrong! In a Dutch auction the high bid you put in, is the actual bid! So instead of the price we wanted we got stuck for an extra $200! I read the Ebay rules for a bid in error, and it said that we had to notify the seller within a short period of time (when the auction is over, but you can retract bids while the auction is still ongoing). We contacted the seller (Dustin @ South Bay Moto) and advised him of our mistake. He had no problems, and since we were the high bid at our intended price, he agreed to sell them to us at the proposed price. He had a statement in the ad that said he was slow to ship and to give him a few weeks, which wasn't a problem. We waited over a month before contacting him and heard what I now know is his patented excuse "I have them in a box right here ready to go out". He actually made this exact same comment when he sent the Paypal requests for money to each of us. We waited another few weeks and we contacted him again. At this point he was very nasty and I guess we were idiots for expecting something after 60 days! He then changed his mind and stated that we would have to pay full price for both heads! What a slime! I was ready to turn him into the FBI's new site on Internet crime (I had a good case, because I never bidded, my friend did, but he sent me a paypal request for the lower amount).

This is where Fig stepped in.... I had spoke to Brad about this and he refered me to Fig. Fig decided to help me & my friend for no charge! He must have went by the shop 20 times but he did get the heads in the end. Dustin made him pay the extra $100 (less the shipping) for one of the heads as he still remembered the discussions with my friend. As a true friend would do I paid for 1/2 of the extra money.

Fig (Allen) is a credit to the Cannondale community, and I am glad to say he is a friend. He went way out of his way to make this happen for me and I am eternally gratefull.

As for Dustin @ South Bay....... you are a discredit to the community and I hope the fleas of 1000 camels infest your armpits.....

Thanks for the vent everyone...

Sandstorm

#2 Post by Sandstorm »

Good job!!!,,, at least you got it. I wouldn't buy anything from them.. They cannot be trusted in any way even in person.. The stories I have heard from people directly tearing apart a freshly rebuilt SB motor are freakin scary!!!

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

So I thought he was in jail?Good job Fig glad there are people like you around to help.

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Oct 22 2006, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I thought he was in jail?Good job Fig glad there are people like you around to help.

I was thinking the same thing. Nice work Fig. I can't believe Southbay is still screwing people. I guess Dustin hasn't learned his lesson yet.

J. Delaney

#5 Post by J. Delaney »

I thought it was "May the fleas of TEN thousand camels infect your crotch!"

kdeal

#6 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (J. Delaney @ Oct 22 2006, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought it was "May the fleas of TEN thousand camels infect your crotch!"

Sounds better!

kenny mariscott

#7 Post by kenny mariscott »

Don't feel bad, that piece of sh*t dustin boned me out of $3,600 !!!! He is going to get his real soon, I wouldn't want to be him. It is hard to believe that he is still in business. His dad is the real mechanic with the talent, Dustin is just a lying piece of crap with no talent, but skills for f***ing people out of money.

hawksd1

#8 Post by hawksd1 »

Hey Kenny are you the one who lives in Kingsburg? Sorry off topic, let me know I might be able to get a couple of us west coasters a dyno day in merced.

dunnbandit1

#9 Post by dunnbandit1 »

fig tryed to help me get my engine off southbay 2 years ago but never did get it . fig, thanks for the effort helping me and good job helping kdeal

kdeal

#10 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (dunnbandit1 @ Oct 24 2006, 09:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fig tryed to help me get my engine off southbay 2 years ago but never did get it . fig, thanks for the effort helping me and good job helping kdeal

I feel bad for Dunnbandit1 as I know he had a previous problem. I think the only thing in my favor was the short amount of time from the transaction to the resuce by Fig. He is not a miracle worker (but I am nominating him for Sainthood, think about it...St Fig Newton...lol), but him and Brad have been able to locate a few things from South Bay. I was hesitant to post the whole story due to digging up old bones, but I am a firm believer of bringing attention to good deeds as well as bad ones. Brad has gone above and beyond several times, so has Fig. We all expect a vendor to do what we are paying them to do, but they should be acknowledged when they go above and beyond.

Simply put Fig went way above and beyond for not being involved. I salute you St. Fig!!!