Blaze Springs

wright

#1 Post by wright »

Anyone have a set of Blaze shock springs they want to part with, let me know what you got. Thanks

Canniboomer

#2 Post by Canniboomer »

I have the Moto Springs sets with the separator, and they are useable to convert standard Ohlins or Blaze. by raising the upper to a non-adjustable top position -- the balance between the two individual springs is still adjustable. $99

According to Ohlins USA, that with a dual-rate progressive spring on the the bottom, and the black single on top, that the setup is legitimate as "triple-rate".

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Canniboomer those will somewhat work but the blaze spring setup is way different.Both upper and lower.Main spring is shorter on Blaze and the upper is actually stiffer.

Canniboomer

#4 Post by Canniboomer »

yep thanks... and they are probably not as good as replacing the Blaze springs. But they give some alternative for Speed/Cannibal shocks, since the Blaze springs are hard to find I think.... I need to try some here myself, now that the riding season is upon us.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

I tried the moto setup on stockers.Didnt like it.The soft upper spring and limited travel made it go through the travel to fast.Ended up adjusting the crossover till upper was doing nothing.Basicly back to stock.I have a set of stockers with Blaze upper spring/crossover setup on there and it works really well.Got lucky finding them.Never did get the lower which would allow more adjustment.