Fox Float Evo-L, where do we buy them?

wayneschofield

#1 Post by wayneschofield »

I want some Float Evo-L's for the front of mine but I seem to remember they are not available through Fox and that we have to go to ATK to get them..... I am thinking right?

I don't suppose anyone has a nice brand new set gathering dust they want rid of do they?

peterock

#2 Post by peterock »

QUOTE (Wayne Schofield @ Aug 7 2007, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want some Float Evo-L's for the front of mine but I seem to remember they are not available through Fox and that we have to go to ATK to get them..... I am thinking right?

I don't suppose anyone has a nice brand new set gathering dust they want rid of do they?

Wayne,

the best bet is through ATK. I can check my box at home and let you know the part number from it and you may be able to order them that way from Fox. Let me see what I can do as I may be able to swing something for you.

2000ex

#3 Post by 2000ex »

You are going to need a LT front end for the Evols. What are you running for control arms?

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

Here is a thread where the first guy on here dealt with them. Has a phone and a contact name for Fox as well. Just keep in mind that it might be a different shock depending on your arms.

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/ind...03&hl=evols

wayneschofield

#5 Post by wayneschofield »

Cheers Guys.

Right now I'm on Speed/Cannibal arms, I haven't decided what to do with the front end yet but, if the full set of shox and arms comes from ATK for $1900, that is actually cheaper than it is for just the shox over here....

They don't have a proper 'listing' for 'Dale or ATK at Fox dealers here, but a set for a YFZ/TRX is ????975+vat which to you is $2291!

I might make my own arms yet, as light as I can to meet C27's 'challenge, but I do like the Ti ones he has if anyone has some spare in the attic.....

wayneschofield

#6 Post by wayneschofield »

QUOTE (peterock @ Aug 7 2007, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wayne,

the best bet is through ATK. I can check my box at home and let you know the part number from it and you may be able to order them that way from Fox. Let me see what I can do as I may be able to swing something for you.

Perhaps they would do a deal on some flywheels......?

peterock

#7 Post by peterock »

You may be reading my mind>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

2000ex

#8 Post by 2000ex »

I dont know if ATK got their issues squared away with their evols and their arm manufacturer, but peterock and others were having major issues with frame bottoming from the factory setup.

Your best bet if you truely want a super lightweight setup is build your own arms from Ti , that fit a 19.5 inch shock and compressed length of 14 inches and get some Fox Evols from a 450r Honda with a gibson front end. That way you are assured of having no problems, and will have a VERY light functional front end

Happyboy

#9 Post by Happyboy »

I would be careful trading them parts for parts with what 2000ex said. Why would they even sell the parts or put them on a quad if they don't work right. Maybe tell Frank that you will trade but you get the shocks first then you will pay with the flywheels.

And besides, anyone really think ATK is going to swap out the flywheels when there is nothing wrong with the stockers in their minds? Now, maybe Pete can persuade them, but I would doubt it.

peterock

#10 Post by peterock »

I wouldn't say my issues with frame bottoming were major. The problem and solution were quickly discovered.