I need a ported dirtbike velocity stack ASAP!

funmachines

#11 Post by funmachines »

I'm just finishing putting together an E with a ported head and boomers elbow air filter set-up. I have to say that I would never consider putting the stock POS box back in now that I have the the new setup - for a variety of reasons. Maybe the air could get a bit warmer at idle or on a dyno with no air flow, but with the amouint of radiant and convective heat transfer possible I can't believe that once the bike is moving that the air is stagnant enough to get warmed up significantly. Once I get it back on the road I'll put in a thermocouple or a thermistor and a pressure sensor too while I ride and see what the ambient to intake differences really are at a few speeds. Unless someone has already done that?

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

That would work.Annimalscannibal came up with a simple thing to also do is add a sheet of rubber under the filter to seal off the heat.I did that on my quad with open filter and its really effective.Most OEM quads and Streetbikes have something similar.

wistech

#13 Post by wistech »

The iat sensor will verify that. I never looked at it on the d@m at the dyno. Just had to keep an eye on the iac position to get to 205 before the runs. Witha bike that is an issue because we run the blowers a lot more as the bike had no radiator fan.

thedeatons

#14 Post by thedeatons »

Excellent posts! I love it!

I was thinking a simple carbon fiber sheet would work wonders. I love carbon. Nothing like being able to lick your exhaust canister after riding!