450 thumb throttle

peterock

#11 Post by peterock »

QUOTE (motodiseased1 @ Aug 13 2009, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How much Pete, pm me please

I would have to check with the guy and know exactly what you wanted. He always made the cables for the hybrid quad I had before the dale. I always had the ends for him to work with though too. If you are serious about getting one I can check into it.

Happyboy

#12 Post by Happyboy »

The dale housing has a problem with not opening to 100% throttle. smile.gif Check it out with the D&M kit. When you do your throttle callibrations you need to be opening the throttle body with the butterfly not the throttle.

wistech

#13 Post by wistech »

I agree about the throttle opening but that is just a matter of adjustemnt or cable routing . I hated the dale thumb throttle until I turned the angle to where it was comfortable and that made all the difference. You can grind a little out of the unside of the housing if you need more throw.

motodiseased1

#14 Post by motodiseased1 »

hey pete yea I'm interested to know, and for the rest of you, ill take a look at grinding that bit out. and also check for kinks and lube it. I think also the 450 throttle might seem smoother becouse the lever is so much bigger, possible extra leverage hence the easier pull...

ljdbn

#15 Post by ljdbn »

Ihave a hrottle off a ltr450 Zuke and love it, longer lever and , for me, alot better throttle control in the woods.