looking for a trashed swingarm

Kuma

#1 Post by Kuma »

Anyone have an old swingarm with the pivot bearing area trashed and just want to find it a good home?
I'm looking for the bearing carrier portion only, if anyone has one for shipping and a little for your trouble I would appreciate it wink.gif
It will be for a custom swingarm for a hybrid if anyone is wondering.

beanie$440$peed

#2 Post by beanie$440$peed »

if alls u need is a bad carrier I have one roxygirl has it I could proly have him ship it

claas900

#3 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (Kuma @ Oct 28 2011, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone have an old swingarm with the pivot bearing area trashed and just want to find it a good home?
I'm looking for the bearing carrier portion only, if anyone has one for shipping and a little for your trouble I would appreciate it wink.gif
It will be for a custom swingarm for a hybrid if anyone is wondering.

Maybe this would help? http://jjandaracing.com/contents/en-us/d15.html

speedracer

#4 Post by speedracer »

Kuma,is the hybrid the one with the cr 500 engine?

Kuma

#5 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (speedracer @ Oct 30 2011, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kuma,is the hybrid the one with the cr 500 engine?

wink.gif yep
I have ome swingarm made from an old 'dale arm using the carrier housing. because the carb is in the back, I feel that I need to go a different rout on the rear suspension. Found that I can make a gen2 cr250 swingarm fit inthe frame, so useing the casting from that and retangular tubing to graft it to the carrier housing.

I'll start a thread on the build to help motivate me and start 'splaining the build.

'900, I got to keep that link in mind if I build another swinger from steel but for now I'm keeping the aluminium swinger.

Kuma

#6 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (beanie$440$peed @ Oct 28 2011, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if alls u need is a bad carrier I have one roxygirl has it I could proly have him ship it

Actually, I need a good carrier, the rest of the swingarm could be cut off to save shipping weight.

fearlessfred

#7 Post by fearlessfred »

QUOTE (Kuma @ Oct 31 2011, 05:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, I need a good carrier, the rest of the swingarm could be cut off to save shipping weight.

did you get your carrier. because i was just inspecting the two swingarms i have and realized the earlier one is cracked and i could not sell as a good unit. so if you still need the carrier part of the swingarm , i will chop it off for 25 bucks and shipping