AC Nerfs Mounting Hardware

who_gives_a6

#1 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Bought a set with "everything to mount up" but missing the front mount parts and seller can't find them. Any chance anyone has these lying around or atleast a picture so i can see how they are supposed to be? It's for the set that has welded on heel guards, front tubes go over the frame rails, and they're mounting bolt goes through the frame holes. AC does not have any info on them or parts.

speedracer

#2 Post by speedracer »

My AC nerfs just use a longer allen bolt that connects at the front of the engine cradle.The longer bolt actually replaces one of the engine bolts on each side.

who_gives_a6

#3 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Thanks but unfortunately these don't work that way. The mounting holes are directly in the center of the frame holes. I figure there's a long bolt and spacers of somesort to connect them, just trying to see how they're supposed to be.

rayspeed

#4 Post by rayspeed »

Do you just need the aluminum plugs with holes in them that go in the frame along with the long bolt?
I found that and the pro peg steel parts and can duplicate any of that if you still need them.

who_gives_a6

#5 Post by who_gives_a6 »

I have the mounts that go into the footpegs, just missing everything for the front. Needing the bolt and whatever else is used for the front through the frame holes. The seller found three aluminum pieces he think may be part of the setup but I don't know what all is there to know for sure. He bought the quad in pieces, so is unsure as well. A picture if you know what is there would be a great help.

rayspeed

#6 Post by rayspeed »

Is this what you are looking for?
The kit normally comes with a 3/8" bolt that is at least 12" long not including head... kind of hard to find but all thread works just fine just cap it off with some acorn or locking nuts. If you are worried about the strength it can be had in grade 8 but the cheaper grade worked just fine for me.
The plugs are made out of 1.75" aluminum round stock cut to about .625 in length with a 3/8" clearance hole in the center and the minor diameter is turned down to 1.33" about .5 up from the inside leaving that .125 lip. Any machine shop could whip these out for you in minutes.
If this is not what the seller has I can let these go for $20 including shipping and you can get your own hardware and I can make some for myself if I need them.

who_gives_a6

#7 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Thanks. That is not what the seller has. Will see what i can do and get ahold of you otherwise for these.

who_gives_a6

#8 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Ray: any chance you still have these and want to let them go? Gave up on seller and machine shops I talked to either weren't interested in doing these or told me I'd need more than a couple sets to make it worth it to them.

rayspeed

#9 Post by rayspeed »

No problem paypal is walkers2rad2@msn.com and I will get the 2 plugs on the way... you can pick up a foot of 3/8" course all thread and a pair of nylock nuts at home depot in the mean time... shipping that would cost more than it is worth.
Ray

rayspeed

#10 Post by rayspeed »

Got the payment and will get them on the way as soon as I can.
Ray