Miss my Dale! Anybody have a cheap one for sale?

Jasonboz56

#1 Post by Jasonboz56 »

I miss my dale!!! I have a predator and an outlaw 450mxr and I like them but I want another dale! I bought my last 2002 speed for $1100 and it never let me down unless it was neglected then easy maintenance fixes were all those little things ever ended up being. Caniboomer helped me through all those. Anyways anybody got one for sale in the Vegas vicinity in that price range that runs good?

rayspeed

#2 Post by rayspeed »

I am not too far and looking to trim my speed count down by one... There was a time not long ago when I would not hesitate to give that kind of money for a speed with a trashed motor! Of course times have changed but no way around it building a fresh motor costs right about a g just in parts not counting so much as a dime for labor. So these days you might get lucky and find a running worn out time bomb for what you are looking to spend but that is not what I have... at least in a speed but maybe a little better than that in a cannibal if you are willing to work in some sweat equity.

That said if you want a speed and can afford to add a reasonable amount considering you would be getting s fully updated barely broken in ported very fast and reliable machine that only needs ridden I may be willing to part with my 02. Could even deliver it for a little extra if you don't have the time to come get it in Tucson.

If you are dead set on only spending a $1100 I have a roller cannibal and a cant seem to kill it barely updated motor that has a ton of hours on it but runs like a champ and does not smoke. You can hear it run and even take it for a ride before you help me pull it out of my x and either can take it with the roller or I will help you get it in and running.
Let me know if it sounds like any of that might work for you... and if you ask me to jump thru a bunch of hoops with pics and details you need to be a serious buyer and not just out to jerk me around.
Ray

Jasonboz56

#3 Post by Jasonboz56 »

QUOTE (rayspeed @ May 7 2013, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not too far and looking to trim my speed count down by one... There was a time not long ago when I would not hesitate to give that kind of money for a speed with a trashed motor! Of course times have changed but no way around it building a fresh motor costs right about a g just in parts not counting so much as a dime for labor. So these days you might get lucky and find a running worn out time bomb for what you are looking to spend but that is not what I have... at least in a speed but maybe a little better than that in a cannibal if you are willing to work in some sweat equity.

That said if you want a speed and can afford to add a reasonable amount considering you would be getting s fully updated barely broken in ported very fast and reliable machine that only needs ridden I may be willing to part with my 02. Could even deliver it for a little extra if you don't have the time to come get it in Tucson.

If you are dead set on only spending a $1100 I have a roller cannibal and a cant seem to kill it barely updated motor that has a ton of hours on it but runs like a champ and does not smoke. You can hear it run and even take it for a ride before you help me pull it out of my x and either can take it with the roller or I will help you get it in and running.
Let me know if it sounds like any of that might work for you... and if you ask me to jump thru a bunch of hoops with pics and details you need to be a serious buyer and not just out to jerk me around.
Ray

My last one ran great for $1100 and was in great shape except bald tires. I'm gonna hold out for another deal like my last. Thanks though

rayspeed

#4 Post by rayspeed »

Good luck getting that lucky twice on a dale! There was a glamis on craigs here but it was $1500 minus a title so I did not even tempt myself.

Jasonboz56

#5 Post by Jasonboz56 »

QUOTE (rayspeed @ May 7 2013, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good luck getting that lucky twice on a dale! There was a glamis on craigs here but it was $1500 minus a title so I did not even tempt myself.

Thanks I'm hoping lightning strikes twice. I don't much care about a title so hopefully it'll workout.

Catmochanic

#6 Post by Catmochanic »

Here is a bike at your price point...

pst6d-3776896431@sale.craigslist.org

Here is a "speed" that needs some work...

pzzqx-3716101610@sale.craigslist.org

Jasonboz56

#7 Post by Jasonboz56 »

QUOTE (Catmochanic @ May 8 2013, 06:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is a bike at your price point...

pst6d-3776896431@sale.craigslist.org

Here is a "speed" that needs some work...

pzzqx-3716101610@sale.craigslist.org

Thanks so much, I'm gonna call him today. If there is any truth to the add, should be worth the cost of shipping arrangements if he's willing...

werty

#8 Post by werty »

Do a search on la craigslist. There's two cannondales one has a fresh 450 motor

Jasonboz56

#9 Post by Jasonboz56 »

Got my new Dale for $1,000!!!!

2002 cannibal
Full Walsh race craft a arms and swing arm
Pep 21 click long travel suspension all the way around.
Polished extended axel
Custom quad tech hood and seat.
Many many more mx parts
Tag Bars
I'm trying to upload pics but haven't figured out how yet

ShifT714

#10 Post by ShifT714 »

****... N I thought I got a deal on my moto! Send the pics to shift714@hotmail.com n ill upload em for ya!