motor

Banshee Blues

motor

#1 Post by Banshee Blues »

need motor, 03' Cannondale Speed

claas900

#2 Post by claas900 »

..i think theres one on ebay right now,or if you still have your blowed up one,theres a few ppl on here that can fix it for probley about what yourd pay for a used motor.And be better then a stock motor.

Banshee Blues

#3 Post by Banshee Blues »

Engine case is damaged from crank and trans. plate bolts backing out.Both plates are cracked,clutch hub(basket) is damaged and cracked from catching the loose bolts on trans. plate.Boss on block at water jacket were oil tubes bolt up is broken off.One timing chain guide cracked. I think it's to late for the updates!!!!!! Motor was still running. I found out by draining trans. fluid. lots of shavings in filter. Would not come out of gear running.
just bought this cannondale on Ebay
Item #4533540148
i did not even get to ride the dale,the guy said he had just had it serviced at a x cannondale dealer.I called and spoke with the tech. that serviced it and the service manager.Both said they had discussed the problem with the guy about the crank update and all the shavings in the motor.He decided not to fix.Dale was listed on Ebay same day service was done. go figure!!!!
This guy said he would pay up to 700.00 on repairs if I leave him a good feedback ???? <<>>

yamadjs08

#4 Post by yamadjs08 »

Wow, I hope you get a good deal on a motor, I remember looking at that speed and thought about bidding on it when it was still at like 2500, looked so clean and I wouldnt have thought that much could have been wrong with it. sad.gif :wow I really hope you get a great deal on a motor!:usa :hammer:

Banshee Blues

#5 Post by Banshee Blues »

said the dealer never told him about the problem???????also told me NO REFUND.My lawyer contacted him ,that was his terms of agreement. i guess 700.00 is better than nothing.

my wife said screw the money,leave him a bad feedback.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Take the money. Then leave a bad feedback or have someone else do it.

fig

#7 Post by fig »

I'm with C27, have him leave you positive feedback, get the $, then leave his crappy feedback.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Got a camera?This one sounds like most damage from bolts falling out I have heard.Might not be as bad as you think.

wistech

#9 Post by wistech »

Ya I dont like to give up on any engine . Lets see if we can salvage it.

Bill X_R

#10 Post by Bill X_R »

Man thats total BS...I think I would want a refund. You can get a nice running Dale for that kind of money.

Post his email so we can send him hate mail!!!!