Valve cover anyone?

Happyboy

#11 Post by Happyboy »

A year is just bad business. If a place can't keep up with the parts then they shouldn't sell more until they can. Same goes with labor.

wistech

#12 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (TricityCdale @ Jan 12 2009, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm definitely not disputing the quality of our vendors. I just think waiting that long to get service back is getting a little excessive. I could see it if I was someone who didn't pay promptly, but that sure isn't the issue.

The first race I'd like to do this year is Feb 22. The first race of the series I'm running is March 13. Sending my stuff out in October, I felt I should have plenty of time. But, I guess not.. mad.gif

Yep thats the way it and will always be with quads in general. For service a discount by due date would be a good agreement to get into.
I just do a backup plan. Get an extra engine and dont disable the one that runs till the backup is done. It sucks but you have to do what you have to do or you will be missing races.
If you really need parts just put a post up and ask if anybody has it just like this thread.

TricityCdale

#13 Post by TricityCdale »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Jan 12 2009, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep thats the way it and will always be with quads in general. For service a discount by due date would be a good agreement to get into.
I just do a backup plan. Get an extra engine and dont disable the one that runs till the backup is done. It sucks but you have to do what you have to do or you will be missing races.
If you really need parts just put a post up and ask if anybody has it just like this thread.

Well, when it's all said and done, I will have a spare motor. I guess I might just have to race the wife's Moto if push comes to shove. But if it breaks down....you guys don't wanna see what would happen to me... blink.gif blink.gif

Glamis#2

#14 Post by Glamis#2 »

Thanks Tricity for replying back about the cover. But Canniboomer called me last night and had a newly Glamis orange powder coated one he sold me.But I appreciate the offer.

And yea that Glamis of James would be sweet bike to take off his hands!

TricityCdale

#15 Post by TricityCdale »

QUOTE (Glamis#2 @ Jan 12 2009, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Tricity for replying back about the cover. But Canniboomer called me last night and had a newly Glamis orange powder coated one he sold me.But I appreciate the offer.

And yea that Glamis of James would be sweet bike to take off his hands!

No problem. Sorry for hijacking your thread! biggrin.gif

thedeatons

#16 Post by thedeatons »

It was a good hijack... And I too believe that one year is ridiculous. I have never dealt with a one year turn around on ANYTHING! Ducati waiting lists are less than that...

Honestly if I had to wait a year I wouldn't be doing this, any of it. Once again, it is ridiculous. Usually if I have to wait more than 3-4 weeks I am annoyed.

The only reason we have to wait one year is because we put up with it. I don't believe for one second other brands are waiting one year either....

thedeatons

#17 Post by thedeatons »

In all honesty here is what I believe is going on, with no offense intended to anyone, this is just what seems to be happening....

People are beginning to move on. I am sure there will be another turnover in vendors, and we may be fast approaching that.

Timbo isn't really returning phone calls to guys I know, not sure what he is doing, but he can't work on Dales the rest of his life...

Brad just took on a new job, probably full time, and we all know the first 6 months is the learrning curve process, meaning you get home mentally strained and just want to zombie out. (Plus he mentioned it was an offer he couldn't refuse, meaning REAL money, so Dales may be back-burnered for a bit).

Boomer gets parts from ATK & Timbo.... We already mentioned Timbo, and ATK is strugggling lately too (believe me they are struggling).

This leaves a few select spare-timers to take care of every Dale owner. Not gonna happen. My buddy cdsracer is working with local vendors on crank work, just to find a contingency plan in case one of our guys throws in the towel.... I suggest a simiilar tactic to others. Backup plans are smart, and even though I want everything to be hunky-dory and work out for everyone, in the end you have to make sure you get what you need, when you need it....

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

I have been into these things since begining.It has always been like this.Nothing has changed.Sometimes one or two might be done faster but it is norm of a year wait for MAJOR stuff that involves lots of labor.From looking at other makes forums it is not unusual anywhere.Small issues,OEM parts anything that doesnt involve lots of labor are easy to get and quick.Custom stuff forget it for a year.

thedeatons

#19 Post by thedeatons »

Yeah but I got two cranks, two ported heads, and CP pistons back from Timbo with 5 weeks when I first got into Dales.... That was acceptable. Had I been waiting one year to update our quads, I would have been done. Parted out.