Front Shocks...

sac45310

Front Shocks...

#1 Post by sac45310 »

I have the old crappy arvin's and they are stiff as S##T... Time to upgrade on a budget...

If you have any used front shocks that are in good shape let me know. I've got an 02 cannibal...

I'm 6'1" 235lbs... if you have one's set for my size that would be GREAT!

Any ideas would be great too...

You guys on this site are AWESOME at helping out the rookies(ie ME)

Exodus

#2 Post by Exodus »

Well, I seen some on ebay a couple days ago. I am assuming you are looking for some Cannibal Ohlins. They are pretty dang good shocks for no res and just a preload adjustment. Anything more than that and you are looking at 500 and up on a set for new aftermarket. I have seen a couple of Cannondales with yfz shocks on them. They lowered the front end a little but they have a res with comp and rebound adj. They sell for around 300 used. I'm betting there are some no res Ohlins floating around here pretty cheap. Welcome to the brotherhood of exotic atvs. How long have you owned your Cannibal?

sac45310

Ohlins...

#3 Post by sac45310 »

I've had mine for a few months (I'm a converted cycle rider, Suzuki DR350 and Yamaha 600r street) A friend of mine took me out and got me hooked.

I found the dale on e-bay and it was just a few miles from my house...

I rode it and for the price it was a steal... has some issues but I'm trying to fix them...

OHLIN's.... I been looking at ebay... guy selling the crappy arvins, haven't seen anything good yet???

I'm probably looking for the cheaper one's for now... I'm not ready to spend $600 on shocks just yet...

YFZ's... hmmm... that's an idea... I'll look into them.

Thanks for the help!

RoooStEr Pops

#4 Post by RoooStEr Pops »

400 ex shocks work perfect. I got a set on mine.

Psychosis

#5 Post by Psychosis »

Originally posted by RoooStEr Pops
400 ex shocks work perfect. I got a set on mine.

Be aware. 400EX shocks have too much travel and not too long ago I saw a firsthand account of it w/ some bent tie rods. (Not mine.) If you bottom them out, the tie rods will wack into the frame rails.

Canniboomer

#6 Post by Canniboomer »

I have a set of Speed Ohlins I was planning to upgrade to the Glamis version. They have the progressive version spings. I can look at options... sending PM.

RoooStEr Pops

#7 Post by RoooStEr Pops »

Originally posted by Psychosis
Be aware. 400EX shocks have too much travel and not too long ago I saw a firsthand account of it w/ some bent tie rods. (Not mine.) If you bottom them out, the tie rods will wack into the frame rails.

there must have been something wrong with those shocks. I have make mine bottom out and the tie rods dont hit.

Cndale97x

#8 Post by Cndale97x »

I have a set of works triple rate shocks W/O rezzys. I ran them with stock 400ex a-arms. never had a problem with them. I took 5th place in the NEATV-MX 30+b class I have now upgraded to +2 housers and elka's so these shocks need to go! I weigh 225 and they worked great! $200 for the pr. $250 w/400ex arms +shipping

sac45310

Cndale97x - Sent PM

#9 Post by sac45310 »

Sent PM to Cndale97x

wistech

#10 Post by wistech »

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RoooStEr Pops
there must have been something wrong with those shocks. I have make mine bottom out and the tie rods dont hit. [/QUOTE

That would depend on what steering stem you have. The newer ones have the tie rod plate a half inch lower so there is more clearance for the frame rails.