Moto Axle?

yamadjs08

#1 Post by yamadjs08 »

Whats up guys, I need a moto axle soon! Like real soon! Let me know what you have as soon as possible. Or any adjustable axle will work. Soon!

ozarkdaler

#2 Post by ozarkdaler »

BW can have you one fast...

yamadjs08

#3 Post by yamadjs08 »

Yeah I knew BW has them in stock, was kind of hoping to get a used one a bit cheaper than new...

Here is my issue, I am getting hipers, I don't want to get the stock 3:6 offset because it costs so much more... So I'm going to get the 4:5 honda offset and put them on a moto axle to widen it out...

dalewannbe

#4 Post by dalewannbe »

QUOTE (yamadjs08 @ May 29 2007, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I knew BW has them in stock, was kind of hoping to get a used one a bit cheaper than new...

Here is my issue, I am getting hipers, I don't want to get the stock 3:6 offset because it costs so much more... So I'm going to get the 4:5 honda offset and put them on a moto axle to widen it out...

Would spacers work for you?

yamadjs08

#5 Post by yamadjs08 »

QUOTE (dalewannbe @ May 30 2007, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would spacers work for you?

Well and now that is my other option. I've just always been leery of spacers because I've never used them before... And then I was thinking about going with the G-force hub extenders, but I think it might make the rear end wider than the front... Uggghhh this sucks!

Fash00

#6 Post by Fash00 »

ive got a moto axle but few of the splines are messed up which is why i wasnt going to use it becasue im anal but should be fine because the splines that are messed up are the innermost ones on the driver side by the brake and you have the triangular lock nut to hold it in place.Pm me if interested

Psychosis

#7 Post by Psychosis »

The axle there sounds like it should work Dave.

As for spacers. I raced probably about a dozen races back in I think 2004 on some cheap aluminum spacers that made the rear end like 51" and never had a problem. Some pretty big jumps and hard landings too back in the early amateur days, lol. The stock axle is pretty strong but I didn't personally like the feeling. When you put spacers on instead of the axle you get a different feeling in the rear end imo and has less cornering control. Maybe that's just me but I believe the difference in flex could be a partial cause. Call me crazy if that doesn't make sense.