HMF slip on

UpsMan

#1 Post by UpsMan »

I'm looking for a reasonably priced hmf slip on for a dale that will fit on the 02 header or the hmf header. Let me know what you have and what you need out of it. Thanks,
Roger

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (UpsMan @ Jun 14 2007, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm looking for a reasonably priced hmf slip on for a dale that will fit on the 02 header or the hmf header. Let me know what you have and what you need out of it. Thanks,
Roger

Cdale55 has a nice blue one.

Fullbore 350x

#3 Post by Fullbore 350x »

I have one that I will sell you for $130 shipped. It doesnt have an end cap on it and there is a dent in the bottom of it from the caliper, but other then that its in good condition. Its brushed aluminum.

UpsMan

#4 Post by UpsMan »

pms sent

Canniboomer

#5 Post by Canniboomer »

You've been racing really well with the HMF, and we are all waiting for the next good result (or even a Podium!). HMF is easy to work with, and generous on rebuilds and warranty work. Each time you get a pipe back from them, it will look like new again. By having 2 HMF silencers, you can always have a back-up ready to fit your existing header. If they are coming loose inside, also check that your frame mounts are staying tight. Any loosening at the frame will greatly amplify the jerking around at the silencer.

UpsMan

#6 Post by UpsMan »

This is what is happening. I picked up that ball of packing and a chunk of metal from my track after I practiced a couple of days ago. I will double check my mounts, but it looks tight.

UpsMan

#7 Post by UpsMan »

I do like the hmf, it gives good power and acceptable noise levels. I'm trying to procure a couple of spares as I type this. I don't want to have to swap out head-pipes either, so I'm sticking with hmf or others that fit the hmf headpipe.

UpsMan

#8 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ Jun 16 2007, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You've been racing really well with the HMF, and we are all waiting for the next good result (or even a Podium!). HMF is easy to work with, and generous on rebuilds and warranty work. Each time you get a pipe back from them, it will look like new again. By having 2 HMF silencers, you can always have a back-up ready to fit your existing header. If they are coming loose inside, also check that your frame mounts are staying tight. Any loosening at the frame will greatly amplify the jerking around at the silencer.

When you say 'frame mounts', do you mean where the subframe mounts to the frame? Or where the can bolts to the subframe? Either way, I'm heading back out to the garage to check it all. Thanks Dave!!

Fullbore 350x

#9 Post by Fullbore 350x »

I sent you some pictures of the HMF slip-on.

UpsMan

#10 Post by UpsMan »

Got em!