d and m kit

blackgixxer

#1 Post by blackgixxer »

looking for a d&m kit.thanks

thedeatons

#2 Post by thedeatons »

Contact Canniboomer. He can actually sell you a computer with the software already on it. You want Dealer Cal and the D&M software. I know everyone is on this whole ECU Diag and Maptweak kick, but Dealer Cal and D&M still work better than any others I have seen. Make sure you get an older laptop that has a serial port and the SERIAL D&M cable. The whole USB conversion thing never works right, intermittent at best. I actually have an old working laptop in a soft bag that I can sell you for $50. Canniboomer can install the software for about $150 I think, then whatever his price is on the cable.

For example, just had an experience with a new laptop, USB converter and ECU Diag last week. It didn't work MANY times in a row, so we got out the trusty Serial cable and Dealer Cal, then got everything working within minutes.

Pro-Cal is different, and requires that you BEG Optimum for your computer access code (Or pay them for it, which is what they try to get you to do). Dealer Cal is what the dealers had and can access any ECU, bike or quad, without access codes....

PM or email if you want that laptop. No idea about the specs. Windows 98 and working fine. thedeatons@hotmail.com

Deityracer

#3 Post by Deityracer »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Dec 22 2007, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Contact Canniboomer. He can actually sell you a computer with the software already on it. You want Dealer Cal and the D&M software. I know everyone is on this whole ECU Diag and Maptweak kick, but Dealer Cal and D&M still work better than any others I have seen. Make sure you get an older laptop that has a serial port and the SERIAL D&M cable. The whole USB conversion thing never works right, intermittent at best. I actually have an old working laptop in a soft bag that I can sell you for $50. Canniboomer can install the software for about $150 I think, then whatever his price is on the cable.

For example, just had an experience with a new laptop, USB converter and ECU Diag last week. It didn't work MANY times in a row, so we got out the trusty Serial cable and Dealer Cal, then got everything working within minutes.

Pro-Cal is different, and requires that you BEG Optimum for your computer access code (Or pay them for it, which is what they try to get you to do). Dealer Cal is what the dealers had and can access any ECU, bike or quad, without access codes....

PM or email if you want that laptop. No idea about the specs. Windows 98 and working fine. thedeatons@hotmail.com

Just an FYI all Dell latitude series laptops have rs232 (serial) ports. I have a D630 with a T7500 dual core processor and a serial port...

thedeatons

#4 Post by thedeatons »

I noticed that at work the other day, which is great, because a nice Latitude can be had for less than $200! I have a docking station that I would like to sell for the older model Latitude (black case)....