Crank needed

haydug

Crank needed

#1 Post by haydug »

I need some cranks, would like to buy 1-5 for spares. Let me know what you got.

Ryanstones

you're kidding

#2 Post by Ryanstones »

this is pretty much the heart of the matter aint it?? Without cranks, we're dead. There's too many flawed machines and no vital parts. I know somebody can make em? but when? All other(used) parts are gonna get pretty cheap, at least for a while, if we can't get crank/tranny plates. WTF?:confused:

Motoman440

#3 Post by Motoman440 »

Doug,
I don't know if you want to deal with him or not but "Ritchie" Rick told me he had purchased two from somebody when I sold mine back to him. Plus he would have the crank that was in mine. Good Luck!!!

haydug

#4 Post by haydug »

He may have told a "fib" We have a guy in Kentucky that has spent well over $50,000 with them in the last year (2 new race replica cannibals, 1 new moto, 1 new artic cat, plus tons of parts) and one of his bikes the crank just went bad. Well, guess what, his 6-month SHOP warranty that was promised to him(on top of cannondale's warranty) is no longer valid, and they don't want to help him at all.
Since you know my situation, I'm trying to buy all of the Cannndale parts I can to keep in stock. I'm trying to buy one today at an auction wrecked. I'll keep you all posted.

haydug

#5 Post by haydug »

OH Yeah, your buddy "ritchie" said he bought that moto for $4000.00
If you sold that thing that cheap, I'm gonna come to WV and castrate you, LOL!! biggrin.gif

Big Winky

#6 Post by Big Winky »

doug, good news!!! after talking to you on phone, i put more time into this... We have been able to disassemble the cranks, without damage. then talked to steve Sparks at carrillo rods. he said the problem with the first carillo rodded cranks was that the rod was carborized instead of having a hardened race pressed into it (cannondales idea) per specs. I have sent the removed rod to carillo, they are going to design a new rod per THEIR way of building rods for me. they gave me my pricing, going to be a little more$$$ than a forged rod but, no crank no riding. my waiting time is going to be 8-10 weeks for the rods to be done, in the meantime i'm rounding up wrist pins and bearings. as soon as everything shows up here, i'll let you know. Jim, diamondracingatv.com, e-mail diamondracing@cs.com

Cannibal440

#7 Post by Cannibal440 »

I still have a motor for sale, if it will help someone! I posted some pics. Check them out.

Ryanstones

WhoooooHoooo!

#8 Post by Ryanstones »

And this, Ladies and Gentlemen, is the news i have been hoping to hear!!

Great job Big Winky!!!!! This is huge!

YOU ARE THE MAN !!!!

haydug

#9 Post by haydug »

COOL!! Now all we need to do is to balance these, and get the right crank bearings and we are SET!!
No pressure, but you have ALOT of people waiting on you right now. LOL:D
Keep me posted. If you need some more bad cranks, let me know.

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

YesYesYes this is great news.