Extended swingarm

speedracer

#1 Post by speedracer »

Wanted: a plus four inch swingarm. Kdeal, will you guy who made yours be willing to fab another? Thanks.

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

I actually never had one done yet. I got C27's old one (+5") and hopefully member "Mydreamride" will come thru for C27 and anyone else interested. C27 wanted a shorter one so we swapped for the stock FX400 I had and I have to pay to have it lengthened. PM mydreamride and see what he has to say. He told me the jig was done to weld it up with, so maybe a little money and some orders may persuade him to get it done.

speedracer

#3 Post by speedracer »

Thanks kdeal.

jinx44

#4 Post by jinx44 »

Any updates on an option for extended swingarms?

Happyboy

#5 Post by Happyboy »

I can get one made here. It is heavier but will not break. Cost is probobly going to be around $200 as 2 different places have to do work on it.

mydreamride

#6 Post by mydreamride »

yes its true the jig is finished (will do -1 to +6) as you saw at the group ride (tom halls +4) ken. Steve's arm is 99% done only needs the brake stay pin welded in. Haven't been able to mad any progress for the past month and a half do to a broken arm. But will shortly start your +2 speedracer.

Heres som pics of a +4 next to a stocker minus boxing it in and brake stay pin

jinx44

#7 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Dec 1 2009, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can get one made here. It is heavier but will not break. Cost is probobly going to be around $200 as 2 different places have to do work on it.

Completely new, or modified stocker?

QUOTE (mydreamride @ Dec 1 2009, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes its true the jig is finished (will do -1 to +6) as you saw at the group ride (tom halls +4) ken. Steve's arm is 99% done only needs the brake stay pin welded in. Haven't been able to mad any progress for the past month and a half do to a broken arm. But will shortly start your +2 speedracer.

I am looking for at least a +6. Lightweight as possible. Drag racing only, no duning.

Kuma

#8 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (mydreamride @ Dec 1 2009, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very nice!

Happyboy

#9 Post by Happyboy »

Its a modified stocker. I was really worried about the added stress of making it +6 so we used solid extensions and added a center plate. To lighted it the center plate could be left out and the center of the extensions could be drilled out.

cdale55

#10 Post by cdale55 »

Very Nice !! I will have to see about getting a - 2 Now get that wrist healthy !!!!!! lol