Engine

cannondalemaine

#1 Post by cannondalemaine »

Hey guys looking for a reliable engine for sale, had atk build mine cost 3000 to fix it and this weekend after only maybe 75 hours of ride time on it the cranks bearings crapped the bed hmm they must not of put in the z400 bearing like i asked (what a reliability kit!, the unbalanced crank ran longer than this one) . Dont want anything extravagant because its just for my trail quad. Thanks

Jeff

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

Ah man, sorry to hear that. That really sucks.

Canniboomer

#3 Post by Canniboomer »

I have one that might be available....it's ready for an install to a customer machine, but the guy lost his job and can't pay for it. Trade possible. I can email details.

peterock

#4 Post by peterock »

QUOTE (cannondalemaine @ Jul 19 2009, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys looking for a reliable engine for sale, had atk build mine cost 3000 to fix it and this weekend after only maybe 75 hours of ride time on it the cranks bearings crapped the bed hmm they must not of put in the z400 bearing like i asked (what a reliability kit!, the unbalanced crank ran longer than this one) . Dont want anything extravagant because its just for my trail quad. Thanks

Jeff

Did the rod bearing go or the main bearings? Either way, 75 hours is a decent amount of time to have on a motor without inspecting it for any wear.

cannondalemaine

#5 Post by cannondalemaine »

Im not quite sure which bearing yet but i am 100 percent it is to do with the crank because it did the same thing as the first time when my bearings went. As i was riding lost power to where i couldnt beat a dvx 400 and felt like an engine brake was applied to my engine. As i putted through the trail engine locked right up on me. 75 hours would be my guess but that is on the high side, still i dont think 75 hours is worth what i paid to have the engine fixed before. Oh well it happens i guess at least i got that long. Thanks guys

Jeff

ozarkdaler

#6 Post by ozarkdaler »

I dont think 75 hrs is nothing for a motor. Especially someone who rides trails. Now if he was dragging or moto I would think the motor may need to be looked at after that long. That sux that you had that happen. Kdeal may have something for you.

theJeStEr1340

#7 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I have a complete moto for $2500.. needs fuel lines and a chain. It has a completely updated timbo motor in it.

cannondalemaine

#8 Post by cannondalemaine »

I would love to add one more to the stable but 3 in sometimes a crowd haha, i wish i could but cant afford it man thanks for the offer.

speedracer

#9 Post by speedracer »

I agree,75 hrs.isnt much time at all.Heck I got double that on an un-updated cable clutch engine.It just started showing shavings on the last two oil changes.

ozarkdaler

#10 Post by ozarkdaler »

QUOTE (speedracer @ Jul 20 2009, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree,75 hrs.isnt much time at all.Heck I got double that on an un-updated cable clutch engine.It just started showing shavings on the last two oil changes.

There you go.