1980's vintage suzuki kids quad

wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

looking for the small chassis one .
1 715 551 1498
John

svahle

#2 Post by svahle »

I'm debating on letting this lt50 go, but I'm not sure what I'm gonna do yet. Sitting here at my desk in the office I can't remember if it is an '85 or and '87. As soon as I find something suitable I'll be moving my son up to something bigger. Is this what you're looking for? If so, I'll let you know once I make a decisions.

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

Thats exactly the one I need. Its so small an adult cant ride it?

svahle

#4 Post by svahle »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Apr 20 2010, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats exactly the one I need. Its so small an adult cant ride it?

I have actually ridden it around the yard a few times. I'm 6' and 180lbs. It's very cramped to be sure, but possible. wink.gif That picture was taken just a few days before my son's 6th birthday. He was average height and weight at that time.

kdeal

#5 Post by kdeal »

John, you are too big for that little bike! Unless you and the wife have an annoucement to make!!!!!!
blink.gif

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

Its for my little niece . She just turned 1 and is almost ready to walk and if you can walk you can ride. Most of the "kids" quads are just to big for the tiny tikes and my brother in law is very wary of china quads. So if we get the lt soon we can restore it to immaculate condition just in time for her to ride. She is a gearhead and loves the loud quads and lawn movers.

haydug

#7 Post by haydug »

I got an 05 model, suzuki LT 50. I bought it new, like $1800.. The kids just don't ride it. It is the old 2-stroke model. Full FMF exhaust too. It's red. They are the same thing basically as the older, just updated body work. $800

NRath

#8 Post by NRath »

I've got one, too. Can't do you any good with it, though. My wife would rip my leg off and beat me with it if I tried to sell it!

I did the full resto on it about 7 or 8 years ago when Santa dropped it off. It looked like brand new. Sandblasted and powdercoated everything that was metal, all new platic and tires, mother-in-law made a new seatcover. It was cherry. Still is pretty much. Got a few bumps and scratches. Can't find any pics here at work.

It'll carry an adult, but not a heavy one. Svahle and I are the same size and I'll ride it a little. It'll wheelie like a 400EX! I think it may be a bit quick for a 1 yr old. Even with the limit screw turned in, if she had room to hold the throttle, it'll get up to a speed that would scare the daylights out of a parent! And hurt her if she hit something. I remember running behind it while the kids were learning. I bet that was a sight! I eventually just tied a long rope to it, I could bring it to a stop pretty easy. That worked better than just pulling the tether.

The newer 50's are a good bit bigger than the old ones. Plus they've got a little suspension. The old LT is a bouncy ride if you don't have a smooth place!

Keep looking, it'll turn up. If you get one and need anything out of the shop manual, I can help you with that.