Dirtbike Frame

who_gives_a6

#1 Post by who_gives_a6 »

One of my bikes I got without a title and after multiple DMV attempts I'm throwing in the towel. Easiest route is a new frame with title, regardless of state, though preferably California if anyone has one there. Can't ride it until registered. Currently is an 02 E model but will take any bike frame that will work with the current parts.

Must have a title or certificate of origin! Have cash or can trade parts too.

siskiyoutom

#2 Post by siskiyoutom »

QUOTE (who_gives_a6 @ Sep 5 2011, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of my bikes I got without a title and after multiple DMV attempts I'm throwing in the towel. Easiest route is a new frame with title, regardless of state, though preferably California if anyone has one there. Can't ride it until registered. Currently is an 02 E model but will take any bike frame that will work with the current parts.

Must have a title or certificate of origin! Have cash or can trade parts too.

i have almost complete 440 dirt bike 02 only thing i dont have is seat title in hand

who_gives_a6

#3 Post by who_gives_a6 »

How much for the main frame? Don't need the cradle or subframe. Just need the frame and a title.

polyesterpig

#4 Post by polyesterpig »

I have a 2002 C440 frame bare and near new. It also has the original MSO from Cannondale. Never been registered. $300.00 in Long Beach.

Canniboomer

#5 Post by Canniboomer »

Note,... siskiyoutom's bike frame will NOT work for the E-model.... that one is an X440s or MX400, for a different animal in many features... different frame, seat, tank, airbox, air filters, harness, motor, radiator, plastics, exhaust, etc.

who_gives_a6

#6 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Boomer to the rescue. Didn't even really look at the frame pics that were posted. Just went off the 02 model listed.

Polyesterpig: I'd be interested. Found a cheap titled frame but a CA title would make things easier. Any negotiating room or total with shipping there? Shipping three cranks and a boatload of parts to Timbo next week.

polyesterpig

#7 Post by polyesterpig »

I am firm on the price. With the amount of spares I have, I could build this bike back up (which I am considering). The only reason I still have it is it has the MSO. Some people are able to get a street plate with the MSO.

who_gives_a6

#8 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Let me think on that. The other bike I bought had an MSO with it and cost me $227 to get it titled and registered here in CA. Not sure I'm up for that much right now. Only costs $70 to switch from out of state title, just more hassle.

dvrack

#9 Post by dvrack »

As someone that lived in NorCal I dont understand how you cant get a title for a frame without any paperwork I have registered
many bikes and cars with just filling out a statement of facts and having the vin verified by the CHP if the frame isnt in the system it's a cakewalk you tell them you bought it from someone that had it registered out of state you lost the title and the person changed there email you went by there address and they no longer live there anymore all cali wants is your tax dollars to register it or you can use a company like broadway title and pay a couple hundred bucks for them to get you a title and your done I think I messaged you how to do it before it is patheticly easy to do. If you live in a large city go to a smaller city as they are usually more helpful CHP does inspections on thursday in the bayarea if I remember right.

QUOTE (who_gives_a6 @ Jan 1 2012, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let me think on that. The other bike I bought had an MSO with it and cost me $227 to get it titled and registered here in CA. Not sure I'm up for that much right now. Only costs $70 to switch from out of state title, just more hassle.

who_gives_a6

#10 Post by who_gives_a6 »

I had a CHP inspection and did the same thing. Have been to multiple DMV's with same response. Since it's titled out of state, I must get a title from that state first. It's not the first bike I've tried with. I have a quad in the same situation right now. Each time I've tried has just been a waste basically. Not sure if they've changed the way it works in the last year or so, but just doesn't seem possible to do what you're saying anymore.

They always say there's no way to get a title unless it was previously registered in CA. This bike in particular was inherited when the original owner died in Oregon. It was given to his nephew in CA and he never got any title/registration. They told me I had to get him to get a notarized statement of facts and proof of inheritance which would also require a certificate proving his death. Something I'm not about to try and get.

I may just end up selling this one and leave it as is once I finish updating the engine. Already has ported/updated head, gonna have 108/106 timing, new stock piston, updated Timbo worked crank, and all fuel line updates, possibly coolant bottle, etc. Redone Mad Racing forks, head/tail lights, and more. If I do sell as is, anyone interested in a setup like this? Would sell at a good price. If not I'll look into a new frame. Already have a primary dirtbike titles/registered.