LOOKING FOR A FEW PARTS!

promod

#1 Post by promod »

Greetings my fellow C'Dale groupies biggrin.gif ,

Would anyone out there have a early motorcycle aluminum Main (large) clutch cover in good condition they would like to part with? One of my early bikes got knocked of its stand by my grandson in my shop trying to climb on it and fell against a toolbox sitting in floor and cracked it at top, would like to replace with original, have several great condition magnesium ones with or with-out sight glass if you would like to trade or PM or EMAIL me on what your asking for it and send pic if possible if one of you guys would be willing to help me out!

Also on another item i am looking for is a special billet aluminum ATK badged clutch access cover that is floating around out there somewhere, But its not the ones that ATK had cast and made though!

So if anyone can help on these two items it would be greatly appreciated or steer me in a direction!

Thanx my freinds! Ciao! MW

rayspeed

#2 Post by rayspeed »

I would think that a good welder could stitch that up and make it like it never happened...
If worst case you dont find one send it to me and I will see what I can do.
Ray

promod

#3 Post by promod »

QUOTE (rayspeed @ Jul 7 2012, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would think that a good welder could stitch that up and make it like it never happened...
If worst case you dont find one send it to me and I will see what I can do.
Ray

The crack is at the very top of timing chain protrusion and runs its way through to bolt hole through sealing surface, the other crack heading west...nasty looking like you could almost snap it off!, and the gouge in frame isnt very pretty either but will have to live with that and not very noticeable but i know its there!, but hoping someone has a spare early aluminum main clutch cover for a price or a trade on something they might need as rather replace it than try to repair....but if worse comes to worse might try to get welded or send it your way Ray but really think its hopeless, as out of all the machining and stuff i can do and fabricate....im just not a welder, even though i own several welders and keep trying, i can get it to stick and welded, but its never pretty!, but i have learned welding is a art, and either you have the skill or you dont! mellow.gif

So someone help me out on finding one...Please! rolleyes.gif

promod

#4 Post by promod »

QUOTE (promod @ Jul 6 2012, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would anyone out there have a early motorcycle aluminum Main (large) clutch cover in good condition they would like to part with? One of my early bikes got knocked of its stand by my grandson in my shop trying to climb on it and fell against a toolbox sitting in floor and cracked it at top, would like to replace with original, have several great condition magnesium ones with or with-out sight glass if you would like to trade or PM or EMAIL me on what your asking for it and send pic if possible if one of you guys would be willing to help me out!

So if anyone can help on this item it would be greatly appreciated or steer me in a direction of who might!

BUMP! Come on guys help me out!, have $$ or a lot of new and good used bike parts to trade if anyone else is looking for something! rolleyes.gif

promod

#5 Post by promod »

QUOTE (promod @ Jul 6 2012, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would anyone out there have a early '01 MX400 Motorcycle or '01 FX400 Atv aluminum Main (large) clutch cover in good condition they would like to part with? have several great condition magnesium ones with or with-out sight glass if you would like to trade or PM or EMAIL me on what your asking for it and send pic if possible if one of you guys would be willing to help me out!

So if anyone can help on this it would be greatly appreciated or steer me in a direction!

Bumping again, Got several new C'Dale Engine & MC tools to trade also or again $$!, surely all you main guys with bunches of junked out engines can help me out! rolleyes.gif

puggi

#6 Post by puggi »

There's one on ebay right now.

It's attached to a MX400 though! I went out and checked my own MX400 after your post on how to tell the difference between the aluminum and magnesium covers, but mine isn't aluminum. Sorry.

promod

#7 Post by promod »

QUOTE (puggi @ Aug 13 2012, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's one on ebay right now.

It's attached to a MX400 though! I went out and checked my own MX400 after your post on how to tell the difference between the aluminum and magnesium covers, but mine isn't aluminum. Sorry.

Thanx Puggi for the info but seen the Black '01 MX400 bike on ebay also, has a lot of Boomers updates on it too!, Im really suprised your bike which i guess is a '01 MX400 has the Magnesium cover, Must have had engine replaced or side cover at one time in its life!

But attaching a few pics of both the Aluminum & Magnesium covers to show others who might not know how to tell the difference between the two!, but at a glance the starter mounting boss is the easy way, which on the Alumi one it has just a leg coming off of it where the top bolt from starter mounts to it, and on the Mag cover it has a reinforced v-bridged shaped top mounting boss!, also the Alumi cover has a rough finish and the Mag ones are smooth and with some kinda painted coating on them, and the Mag cover was the only one that had a trans oil sight glass window on them, but some did have the level check screw like the early Alumi ones did!!, I know most all of you die hard Dalers know these differences but just showing difference for some of the newbies who might not know and might could help me out!

thanks KDEAL as i used your pic of the Alumi cover i need with that big ugly Carbon clutch access cover on it! LOL! laugh.gif

So now maybe someone will help me...PLEASE! Thanx!

promod

#8 Post by promod »

Bump! Still looking for early Aluminum engine side cover as described and in pic's in previous post reply i made on this!, Out of all the engines that have been parted over the past several years and in the begining Surely someone has several laying around and not being used and can help me!...PLEASE smile.gif

promod

#9 Post by promod »

QUOTE (promod @ Aug 27 2012, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bump! Still looking for early Aluminum engine side cover as described and in pic's in previous post reply i made on this!, Out of all the engines that have been parted over the past several years and in the begining Surely someone has several laying around and not being used and can help me!...PLEASE smile.gif
Still looking! sad.gif , Someone please help!