Rolling bike chassis

Blasterboy11

#1 Post by Blasterboy11 »

Looking for a bike roller, or one that's blown up, I want a cheap bike I can ride to work so it needs to have paperwork with it, seems not many people have that so the search continues! I have a super clean Cannibal roller and a Speed Roller I could trade if anyone is interested

Nate992v

#2 Post by Nate992v »

QUOTE (Blasterboy11 @ Nov 4 2012, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well i dug the moto out from this whole hurricane business and it runs ok, but a fuel line exploded and theres some leaks and lots of hardware and bushings that need to be replaced, so...

Im looking for a rolling bike chassis i can swap my motor into and register to ride on the street, so a title would be awesome! Im doing some reading on differences between em so be easy on me. Thanks guys

I might have what you are looking for, except for the shocks. Has the original PA title from when new. Whole bunch of extras, too.

Blasterboy11

#3 Post by Blasterboy11 »

Bump

Blasterboy11

#4 Post by Blasterboy11 »

looking for a rolling bike, running or not!

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

My x440 still collecting dust in the garage. Id like to keep the engine . Fresh forks,titanium dual exhaust and extra set of new plastic. Swap in an engine . Very reasonably priced.

Blasterboy11

#6 Post by Blasterboy11 »

Looking for a bike roller, or one that's blown up, I want a cheap bike I can ride to work so it needs to have paperwork with it, seems not many people have that so the search continues! I have a super clean Cannibal roller and a Speed Roller I could trade if anyone is interested

Happyboy

#7 Post by Happyboy »

I have the #21 bike that was ever made by cannondale. I was about to start rebuilding it but it looks like it may need more parts than I was wanting to deal with. I have 2 sets of wheels and tires for it but low and behold they wheels are not for a cannondale. You can make them work but will need to figure out the spacers and either make or order the correct ones. It also needs a front brake system. That is it from what I can tell. i just had the forks done and have them installed now. i am going to install the plastic and take some pics. I have a motor in pieces, was about to rebuild it. Its not going to be cheap by any means, but what are you looking to pay?

Happyboy

#8 Post by Happyboy »

Actually, it looks like the only thing wrong with it is the wheels. I just unboxed the plastics and low and behold there is the front brake! yay.

Blasterboy11

#9 Post by Blasterboy11 »

Honestly the prices are all over the place, some are priced well, some are priced way over the top. If the motor needs to be rebuilt i wouldnt want to pay more than a grand or so, but i need a bike with a title and/or registration so i can register/inspect it for road use here. Im looking at a running E440 for $1100, itll run me about $500 to ship it to me, but no one ever has history on motor work so its up in the air and would need a rebuild anyway, so i want a roller or blown up bike to save me the money on the rebuild.

Not sure what your asking, but i would like to keep it around a $1k since a motor build will run me a few bucks, plus shipping it to me etc etc. I mean i can buy a plethora of bikes here for $1500-$2k, but id rather have a dale

Happyboy

#10 Post by Happyboy »

eh, sorry but it won't be that cheap. Knowing the condition of a bike/motor is worth money. Its a crap shoot and more times than not these things are not in good shape if some joe blow owns it.