Parts Wanted

who_gives_a6

#1 Post by who_gives_a6 »

I need the following parts to finish a couple projects. The cheaper the better. Prefer here over ebay so let me know what you've got. Will edit list as parts are bought.

1. Stock 03 steering stem with the inserts/bushings. (Pic for reference attached) No 02 stems.
2. Battery tray holder with rubber piece if not lost. (Pic attached)
3. Rubber frame pieces that the tank rests on. (In pic with tray holder)
4. Rear brake caliper mount.
5. Bearing carrier.
6. Any of the shaped/formed oil/coolant hoses you may have lying around.
7. Valve cover block off piece. (Pic attached) To cover the hole in the pic.
8. Rubber mount piece that the radiator rests on.
9. Air filter to match the intake pictured. Is a different size than any other I've bought. 86.5mm diameter.
10. Battery cables
11. Fuel pump frame mount.
12. Fuel tank seat stay. (The metal part that screws into the top of the tank.)

Will have more parts to come I'm sure.

Nate992v

#2 Post by Nate992v »

What is the difference between the 02 and 03 steering stem. I might have alot of what you're looking for, if not all of it. You're in socal, if i remember correctly. Could meet up and avoid shipping.

who_gives_a6

#3 Post by who_gives_a6 »

The primary difference in the stems is that the welded top mounts on the 03's run in line with the stem while the earlier ones are tilted forward to make them point straight up. Not the best description but gives an idea.

I'm about 50mins north of San Diego.

promod

#4 Post by promod »

QUOTE (who_gives_a6 @ Apr 10 2013, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
7. Valve cover block off piece. (Pic attached) To cover the hole in the pic.

That hole in the early aluminum valve covers like you have pic'd was for the cam position sensor used on the early S500 FI systems, when they went to the S1000 FI system it does not use that sensor, so all C'Dale did was filled in the hole with a epoxy like stuff while using up there supply of the alumi covers, but of course the magnesium later covers didnt have that hole!, so you can just fill it in with a good epoxy or block it off with a S500 sensor and leave unplugged (which there would be no place to plug into anyway) or machine a block off plate and bolt it on as i did!....hope the info helps! wink.gif

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

Epoxing a coin in the hole does the trick(like the factory did) or if you want I have the sensor with the wires cut off to bolt in. I have most everything on your list as well including the air filter if indeed that is a cyclone but it looks machined a bit different. What is the OD of the widest part?

who_gives_a6

#6 Post by who_gives_a6 »

It is different than the regular cyclone which I also have. It's a bit smaller and is 86.5mm across. I can always contact uni for one similar but curious if anyone know offhand or has one.

Will just epoxy the hole. Thanks for the help!

promod

#7 Post by promod »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Apr 10 2013, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Epoxing a coin in the hole does the trick(like the factory did)

Was there really free money included with the purchase of every C'Dale with the Alumi valve cover cam sensor hole epoxied in? laugh.gif

ShifT714

#8 Post by ShifT714 »

Pretty sure I have the battery tray if you still need it!

fox609x

#9 Post by fox609x »

i have the tray and other parts