Mid Pipe

bigfoot17

#1 Post by bigfoot17 »

I think I am going to need a mid pipe. Are the bikes and quads the same?
Who has one?

Kuma

#2 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (bigfoot17 @ May 2 2015, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I am going to need a mid pipe. Are the bikes and quads the same?
Who has one?

Mid pipe? maybe I've been away too long but I thought the quad had a head pipe that hooks directly to the muffler?

I have that part, I think I have one with an O2 sensor bung and one without.

bigfoot17

#3 Post by bigfoot17 »

QUOTE (Kuma @ May 4 2015, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mid pipe? maybe I've been away too long but I thought the quad had a head pipe that hooks directly to the muffler?

I have that part, I think I have one with an O2 sensor bung and one without.

I have 2 440X's. One has a header that goes to the muffler. 2 piece. The other has a head pipe,then a mid pipe and then the muffler.

polyesterpig

#4 Post by polyesterpig »

QUOTE (bigfoot17 @ May 4 2015, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have 2 440X's. One has a header that goes to the muffler. 2 piece. The other has a head pipe,then a mid pipe and then the muffler.

The quad header pipes won't fit. You have 2 types of exhaust on your bikes. The two piece pipe and the 3 piece pipe. the European exhaust was the later 3 piece pipe and some of the later USA spec bikes got them too. The 3 piece pipe were supposed to reduce cracking of the pipe which was due to subframe flex. Basically European pipes three slip fit joints allowed more movement and reduced cracking. Problem with this design is sometimes the exhaust would disassemble in a slight fall (crash). Not good if you are in the middle of nowhere.

I think a Canniboomer still has some mid pipes left. He purchased a large amount of European Cannondale stock at one time.