wide radiator

eatcrpoopyz

#1 Post by eatcrpoopyz »

Hey gearheads, hows the Dale holing up?
Im in the market for a Radiator for a restored bike.
The wider one that came on the 03 X440 is what i need.

Must be in good useable condition.

Thanks

polyesterpig

#2 Post by polyesterpig »

QUOTE (eatcrpoopyz @ Jun 22 2018, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey gearheads, hows the Dale holing up?
Im in the market for a Radiator for a restored bike.
The wider one that came on the 03 X440 is what i need.

Must be in good useable condition.

Thanks

If your radiator isn't too bad, you can always straighten it. I used to toss the radiators once the got smashed, but replacements are getting harder to find. Now I just repair them. You would be amazed how simple it is to straighten them to almost NEW. Go on YouTube and check out how to repair MX radiators.

eatcrpoopyz

#3 Post by eatcrpoopyz »

QUOTE (polyesterpig @ Jun 23 2018, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If your radiator isn't too bad, you can always straighten it. I used to toss the radiators once the got smashed, but replacements are getting harder to find. Now I just repair them. You would be amazed how simple it is to straighten them to almost NEW. Go on YouTube and check out how to repair MX radiators.

no thats not the issue, the bike i just picked up is an 03 E440 and it has the narrow smaller radiator. I have an 03 X440 and it has the bigger one, works better in the desert. I have several of the smaller ones, just hoping to luck up and find one. this one is fine for now, just gotta watch temp close on longer rides.

funmachines

#4 Post by funmachines »

The bigger ones are easy to smash because they stick out to the side so far. If you use one it's worth making some sort of guard just to protect the sides. They are hard to find now.