computer

handyman

computer

#1 Post by handyman »

Need the computer, mine makes the fuel pump run constantly.

thomez

#2 Post by thomez »

If you are quite handy as the name implies ( biggrin.gif ) and you want to, you can put the fuel pump circuit of your ECU on a toggle switch and wire it direct to the battery. Swamp'Dale tested this with success.. just an idea! Check Ebay they have ECU's on there quite often. Good luck!

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

Or better than the toggle, just put in a relay hooked to the key switch, when the switch is on throw the relay and send the ground to the fuel pump. You can even put the relay in the ECU tray to keep it nice and dry. Thats all the ECU is doing any way, just a complicated relay that throws a ground line to the fuel pump.

Speaking of which, are you sure its the ECU that has the problem? If your ground wire is shorting out then your pump will go all the time. The hot is always hot and the ground is relayed through the ECU.

Jumbo747

#4 Post by Jumbo747 »

:confused: im confursed

Happyboy

#5 Post by Happyboy »

about?....

Jumbo747

#6 Post by Jumbo747 »

all the electronic crap u just explained...maybe ill understand when I get my dale soon

handyman

It is the ecu

#7 Post by handyman »

Well, we are pretty positive that it is the ecu as the problem doesn't exist when my brother puts his in my bike. I did kindof wonder because this started right after we put the engine back in, we had it out for a cracked sleeve. I was thinking about a switch but my brother already ordered a new ecu from Randy Abbott which should be here soon programmed and ready for my bike. After having had the sleeve crack down at the Little Sahara it feels great to be back on the rear two wheels again!!! Thanks for the suggestions.

Happyboy

#8 Post by Happyboy »

Which Little Sahara? We go to the one in Oklahoma. I hear there is one in Utah also?

handyman

#9 Post by handyman »

Little Sahara in OK, my profile shows Anchorage, Alaska, but lately I have been down here in Kansas quite a bit.

Happyboy

#10 Post by Happyboy »

Yeah, I figured Alaska to Oklahoma would be a heck of a drive.

I am heading to little Sahara next week, fun place.