speed ohlins

jacobw

speed ohlins

#1 Post by jacobw »

I am looking for a set of front speed ohlins if anyone has a pair they want to sell at reasonable price

nickg

#2 Post by nickg »

ebay, $72 each brand new, best deal around

jacobw

#3 Post by jacobw »

I found them thanks nickg. If anyone else is looking for speed ohlins they have about 70pr left and anyone looking for a ohlins rear they have new ones for the blaze that are $170 and some others rears for about the same price. I love ebay more and more great great place!smile.gif

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

Thanks for the heads up . All the 400ex guys around here are getting hooked on the dale shocks and Im fresh out.

Birddog5150

#5 Post by Birddog5150 »

I have the arvins now, are the speed shocks that much better for woods riding?? Or should I save and get some works or elkas???
I dont race, just woods riding..I see that you can make the speed ohlins dual rate with a kit. Do they perform that much better with that?Please respond.

kdeal

#6 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by Birddog5150
I have the arvins now, are the speed shocks that much better for woods riding?? Or should I save and get some works or elkas???
I dont race, just woods riding..I see that you can make the speed ohlins dual rate with a kit. Do they perform that much better with that?Please respond.

Anything made by Ohlins is better than the Arvins or Fox shocks.

jacobw

#7 Post by jacobw »

jeff is going to convert mine as soon as I get them they will be sweet compared to the stock arvins I have now but I can find thier limits real quick cross country racing they are way too stiff even with the preload set on full soft and the back fox kicks like a mule and I have a rear ohlins that I am getting converted to a dual rate

wistech

#8 Post by wistech »

I would say the speed ohlins are valved softer than the arvins. I ran a cannibal with some arvins at a mild mx track and they didnt bottom out like the ohlins speed shocks. Of course Im a big guy who needs plenty o valving. I think cannondale 27 had some speeds converted to dual rate . Maybe he will chime in on the setup.

jacobw

#9 Post by jacobw »

I am not sure what he is going to I am going to send them to jeff and let him work them over. I asked him about it today and he said it will convert them to a triple rate other than that I dont know alot about all this stuff.

jacobw

#10 Post by jacobw »

wisetech will these shocks fit on a z400 with the proper bushing if they will someone let me know my bother has a z400 and he was thinkinb about putting them on his bike in place of the stockys
any if the take another bushing anybody have an idea where I can get the bushing and how much?