z400 throttle

#1 Post by Happyboy »

z400 or kfx or ltz throttle. Thanks!

jfarrar

#2 Post by jfarrar »

i got mine on ebay for 24 bucks

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

I actually put adds on a few places. And thanks for that diagram ******, I hadn't seen that before.

Drew

#4 Post by Drew »

whats the advantage to running the z 400 over the dales?

NittroT

#5 Post by NittroT »

The throttle on my Dale is very stiff. Is there any way to make it push easier. After a few laps on the MX trackmy thumb is going numb

Cdale_racer_669

#6 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

Make sure your cable is lubed properly and also the throttle shaft itself. the c-dale throttle is a little stiffer then some of the others out there.

my 300ex's throttle was 10 times stiffer:mad: it was horrible. how much do u shave off of it?

aroracer72

#7 Post by aroracer72 »

if you want a easier throttle pull..this is what you do......buy/make a extender for the throttle arm.....but make shure it installs and is at the same angle as the stock un modded lever...now move the throttle body over more inward on the bars..so that the throttle lever is in the same position as it was before. This will give you more leverage....with it not beeing in your palm. smile.gif
CHAD

wistech

#8 Post by wistech »

Your throttle is stiff? Something must be binding. I would say the stock throttle on both mine are the easiest Ive ever seen. I can ride 125 miles in a day and have never got a sore thumb . I always had that problems with my Hondas but carbs are moving a lot more parts around.

c41xracer

#9 Post by c41xracer »

will a 400ex or 250r thumb throttle work??

cdrider02

#10 Post by cdrider02 »

Mine was very stiff so I switched to a 400ex throttle because I always liked Honda throttles anyway but in the process of fitting the cable I found that at the throttle body the cable did not line up straight with the groove on the throttle shaft, by this I mean it was like running chain and sprockets that are out of line. The cable was having to bend and was rubbing the side of the groove as it went in and out, this made it very stiff and rough I hope that I have put this in a way that makes sense to you and I hope it helps. Out of four dales at our shop two were hard to push and were out of line the other two were very easy and they were in line.