got burned on cannibal buy!!!

AZNEWBIE

got burned on cannibal buy!!!

#1 Post by AZNEWBIE »

offroadredneck.....

I bought an 03' Cannibal from him.... not very happy. In his ad, he said that he bought the bike new and has not rode it very much.. but said that it had some scratches and cracks on the plastic. Ok, I can live with that. He also said that "this atv is in good shape".

Well.... I picked up the bike and thursday, and it was not in the condition that he said it was. Upon inspection, the plactic looks like it has been rode hard for 2 years. The wiring was hacked up to put in the heated grips, the chain is shot, axle carrier bearing is shot, front tie rod ends are shot, ALL the A-arm bushings are shot, the clutch is going out, and one of the bolt holes to hold the steering stem to the frame is ovaled out... not too mention all the missing hardware and wrong hardware. Oh yea, the "new" holeshots have chunks out of a bunch of the lugs on both tires.

Now I know that you take a chance buying a used bike, but ****, when the guys says it it is good condition and not rode that much... you exspect it to be that way. I got it for $3300 shipped, but in my opinion, should have been less. Let me know what ya'll think after reading his ad.

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showth...0110#post120110

TraumaRN

#2 Post by TraumaRN »

I am always hesitant to buy anything from anyone who becomes a member soley to sell their stuff. Unfortunately, you've proven me right. Maybe he will man-up and make things right. Did you pay cash?

AZNEWBIE

#3 Post by AZNEWBIE »

nope, payed by cashiers check. I am not exspecting to get anything out of this, just wanted people to know about it just in case he tries to sell anything else.

Cannondale88

#4 Post by Cannondale88 »

Ouch, man that sucks

kdeal

#5 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by TraumaRN
I am always hesitant to buy anything from anyone who becomes a member soley to sell their stuff. Unfortunately, you've proven me right. Maybe he will man-up and make things right. Did you pay cash?

I agree with TraumaRN. If the post count is just a couple and they are selling something, I would pass. Unless I could inspect the items in person.

KYmxracer52

#6 Post by KYmxracer52 »

There's no way I would sell me quad, telling people it is in excellent condition and then let it go with bad bearings and all. Not very good salesmanship!!

wistech

#7 Post by wistech »

I dont know. A lot of the things you are complaining about are wear items. Except for the plastic which he did say was cracked but not major. Well a lot of that is speculative. One mans version of shot is another just fine. You did get it with some nice stuff like the elkas and exhaust. Thats quite a chunk of change . The price wasnt to bad either. I dont know. The best bet is always see the quad in person and negotiate from there but thats not always possible. The second best is to ask for extremely highly detailed pictures of everything ,tread depth of the tires ect. That way your not taking thier word for everything. Good luck.

GDITheman

#8 Post by GDITheman »

I usually side with the buyer, but for the money, it sounds like you got some good hardware. as long as it runs ok, you really only have maintenance items to work on. which is expected to some degree on any used bike.

good luck and let us know how it goes.