MX TECH

UpsMan

#21 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Apr 15 2007, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey UPS... How is the engine? Just out of curiousity, why didn't you guys just send them to Ohlins or the manufacturer? Like I said, just wondering. Guys around here send their stuff to Pro-Action for revalves, but I have always wondered why not send the Ohlins to Ohlins....

Then engine is fine, I never installed it. It is going to be a spare for now. I never thought about sending the shocks to ohlins. I sent them to mx-tech because they are a site sponsor and have a great reputation, and he seemed enthusiastic about working on our ohlins. It is painfully obvious from the work he did on my shocks that he is too busy with other projects. I rode them today. I got the rear to work good acually. The fronts are not going to cut it. Too much spring for the shock length at the desired height. End result is they work good on big jumps, but kick your rear in the choppy, small bumps.

cdalerider75

#22 Post by cdalerider75 »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Apr 15 2007, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Charging for the fix is normal in this market. The all mighty Laz from GTThunder ripped me off in a bad way. He set my shocks to the wrong length then blamed me for it and charged me for a recharge.
Dangit Chris, just go away. All you have been doing since you came back is stir stuff up. He isn't going to get looked down upon for posting what he did. That is complete crap and you are just trying to start stuff. You act like a 5 year old then wonder why people get mad at you.

Point proven

Fash00

#23 Post by Fash00 »

Hmmm could you be talking about my shocks psychosis?? I hope they are everything i expect if i can ever get this **** quad back together

Psychosis

#24 Post by Psychosis »

QUOTE (Fash00 @ Apr 15 2007, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm could you be talking about my shocks psychosis?? I hope they are everything i expect if i can ever get this **** quad back together

Yes, those are them. They are great shocks now. The first time I had them done they were junk. When I got them back they rode great over pretty well everything, just didn't enjoy that kind of service. Wouldn't have hesitated to keep running them as is but wanted Fox. You'll love them depending on your weight and riding style. Perfect for about 175lbs including gear though.

Derno24

#25 Post by Derno24 »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Apr 15 2007, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just out of curiousity, why didn't you guys just send them to Ohlins or the manufacturer? Like I said, just wondering. Guys around here send their stuff to Pro-Action for revalves, but I have always wondered why not send the Ohlins to Ohlins....

The reason I won't ever send shocks back to the manufacturer is that usually they tend to over charge and nickle and dime you to death. I haven't had too good of an experiance with that so I tend to lean towards the aftermarket for rebuilds. I usually try to keep all stuff like this close to the house this way something doesn't work right they can't hide over the phone. I just drive up and say yo my stuff isn't working right.

UpsMan

#26 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (Derno24 @ Apr 16 2007, 04:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The reason I won't ever send shocks back to the manufacturer is that usually they tend to over charge and nickle and dime you to death. I haven't had too good of an experiance with that so I tend to lean towards the aftermarket for rebuilds. I usually try to keep all stuff like this close to the house this way something doesn't work right they can't hide over the phone. I just drive up and say yo my stuff isn't working right.

I agree. From now on I'll get them done locally.

Happyboy

#27 Post by Happyboy »

You are very lucky if you have a local place. sad.gif Nothing around here.

<---screwed!

Derno24

#28 Post by Derno24 »

When I mean local I have to drive at least an hour.

haydug

#29 Post by haydug »

Happy: how long did it take for MX-Tech to fix your broken Elka?

Happyboy

#30 Post by Happyboy »

like 3 days