Ebay user ID - apmoto69 ------ This guy is a jerk!!!

thedeatons

#1 Post by thedeatons »

Hey guys... I recently came upon a brand new Dale crankshaft and a brand new piston kit form this seller (apmoto69) on Ebay (7/23/07). Hey had the buy it now set for over $650 for the crank and the piston kit was well over $200. I emailed the seller, and mentioned to him as politely as I could that with no offense intended that the crank would self destruct without the Z400 bearing upgrade, and that Black Widow could perform this service for him, and also that Black Widow's pricing was well below his for the same crank and piston kit (I mentioned the eaxct BW prices so he could see how high he was). I simply stated that knowing this might save him some time, as he could update his listing to a more competitive price if he so desired. This was his reply via email:

"since your giving advice i will also send some back.
sell your CAN-O-JUNK and buy a JAP bike.
cannondale's were junk new out of the crate and are still junk after you rebuild them.
i mean it's only obvious since they went out of business only after 2-3 years!
they should stick to making bicycles!

i also checked out black widow and your piston liner kit price was way off!
also they are selling rebuilt crankshafts and yes they are cheaper.
but when it comes down to it your comparing apples to oranges and cannondale's no matter how you rebuild them will always be junk.
thanks for the advice.
ap"

I could not believe this was what I got when I was just trying to be friendly and help the guy. I checked Black Widow's website again, and what he found was the WWE piston kits for a higher price, as the ASSOs are in the .pdf catalog. I emailed him back and replied that I was shocked that he would treat his customer base this way. I informed him of the mistake in his Black Widow research, and also let him know that they offer brand new cranshafts in addition to rebuilt models, still at a reduced price (in comparison to his price).

I personally do not like doing with people who treat others this way, especially badmouthing the quads we all enjoy so much... Just thought I would share my story.

wayneschofield

#2 Post by wayneschofield »

Ah well, he hasn't got your money, and likely won't be getting anyone else's either.... well pointed out.

No-one makes the 'perfect' 450-class quad yet anyway, they all have some problem or other. I guess we'll have to see how the DS fares.....

Until then I'll just fix mine up and keep beating the Jap quads with it eh?

kdeal

#3 Post by kdeal »

Good one Wayne!

rolleyes.gif

rayspeed

#4 Post by rayspeed »

I saw that and almost said something.... glad I didnt!
Even the ATK ballanced crank I bought a few years ago was much less at $525 but may have gone up since then but I would not think by that much. Even if it had the Z bearing it would not be worth what he is asking IMHO.
Ray