Diamond racing

iceracer17

Diamond racing

#1 Post by iceracer17 »

Well i ordered a oil drain plug going on 4 weeks ago,never got it.Called after 2 weeks and told him it's been sitting without oil for 2 weeks.Then he said they just got done being made.:confused: He told me they would go out that monday.I waited another 4-5 days for shipping nothing.Called and he said it left on tuesday.Well it's not billed to my visa and it's another week later.I went out and found a bolt for $1.I understand it's a $25 part but that still should be takin care of.

claas900

#2 Post by claas900 »

...10/07/03 sent in crank,was told 5-6 weeks..called 2 months from the 7th..said rods were on there way. Called again dec sometime..a new batch of rods are on there way.."but were doing almost 4 cannon motors a week"..Called end of Jan..same bs ..called mid march..."well im not going to use carillo rod anymore,going to use a cutom make falcon rod,they should be in,in 6 weeks".....I got off the phone very pissed,called Haydug..he had everything in stock..and got it to me in 5 days..Called Jim back and canceled my order.
I thought it was takeing so long cuzz it was going to be a stroker crank..but if your not going to do it in a timely manner dont tell me your going to do it,also dont quote me a time frame either..just be honest with it......Tho i will give credit to him for always takeing the time to me when i called. And i did order some spindle spacers and he did get them to me right away.
So iceracer17 if its only been 4 weeks..your really jumping the gun on getting your parts..lol..j/p

Big Winky

Time delays

#3 Post by Big Winky »

I apologize for any delays. The only thing I can say in my defense is, that we order parts to be made, the supplier gives me a delivery date, I base my dates on those dates, they don't deliver, and then I'm a liar. And on top of it all, dealers call ordering half my stock with no warning. I will say though, that I have taken steps to supply "my" customers first from now on and the dealers will be the ones waiting. I am still waiting for rods to be delivered that were to be here weeks ago. 30 cranks will be ready as soon as the rods arrive. Again, I apologize for the delays on certian items we supply.

Jammer72

#4 Post by Jammer72 »

So all of us who have stuff out with guys like Haydug and Champion end up waiting for months on end, great business practice to say the least. I waited 4 months for a crank from you that Haydug had sent up the first of the year, finally said screw it and will defintely do something different.

Once I called you to have my motor rebuilt just to see how quick you could turn it since I had already waited 3 months for a crank. Funny how you told me personally you could have it back to me in under 3 weeks. Some serious BS'ing or just bad business techniques if you ask me.

If you choose to operate a business than you best be prepared for any backlash from comments like above Wink. I know firsthand in my line of work that you wouldn't survive if it wasn't for the fact that you are doing a specialzed line of work.

thomez

#5 Post by thomez »

There is no question at all that every crank that comes in should be on a first come first serve basis. We are positive that this is not the case because I am aware of quite a few complete motors that have been built for direct customers while Doug waits on cranks (and 450 kits as well, I believe). This is bad business practice. I also know other things that haven't been broadcast on the forums in your favor but sure could have been, and if it was me, they would have been. Some things are unacceptable.

Big Winky

#6 Post by Big Winky »

I will take steps to become a better business person. I must admit though, I never anticipated the demand for cranks and other products for the c-dales would be anywhere near the level it is and was not prepared for it. I saw a need for better products and have tried to fill those needs and have struggled to respond to the demand while trying to improve the products and keep prices reasonable at the same time. We are constantly taking steps to improving our stock on hand and are getting better at meeting the demand for c-dale related items. We are a small business that quite frankly has been buried under a very high work load and demand for parts for which I was not prepared for.

Sorry

JST

Big Wink

#7 Post by JST »

Sounds like solid answers and reasons,not excuses.Bravo.

EuroGOD

#8 Post by EuroGOD »

Originally posted by Big Winky
I will take steps to become a better business person. I must admit though, I never anticipated the demand for cranks and other products for the c-dales would be anywhere near the level it is and was not  prepared for it. I saw a need for better products and have tried to fill those needs and have struggled to respond to the demand while trying to improve the products and keep prices  reasonable at the same time. We are constantly taking steps to improving our stock on hand and are getting better at meeting the demand for c-dale related items. We are a small business that quite frankly has been buried under a very high work load and demand for parts for which I was not prepared for.

Sorry

...and to support your turnaround times, would you be interested in the 3 used cranks I've got laying around here?
I'm always up for a trade...
PM me if interested.

iceracer17

#9 Post by iceracer17 »

The crank issue like euro said could be handled with some units bought for stock and charge people a core.

Big Winky

#10 Post by Big Winky »

having cranks to rebuild isn't the problem, getting rods in a timely manner is. but thanks anyway Euro.