Maslanik Motorsports/Cdaleparts.com

haydug

#11 Post by haydug »

Let me say this: This post (I think) was not intended to attack Maz's personal character. I will not allow personal attacks of anyone on my site. That said:If anyone has dealt personally with maz, please respond, if you have not, and are going by "hear say" please don't bother responding.
Marc: Just so you know, I am not allowing this as a "put down" to maz for any reason, do a search in trader feedback, you will find a negative about myself that I left alone as well. If this post turns personal in anyway, I will delete that post and deal with it.

Now, on another note, I do think maz is a nice guy, but owing a man a roll of tp is going beyond the limit here: not to mention the guy he owes it to has a big gun. :eek:

Fox Mulder

#12 Post by Fox Mulder »

Well said Haydug.

I didn't start this to attack anyones character. This is the "Vendor Feedback" section and we should be allowed to provide honest feedback about the vendors we deal with, or in this case could potentially deal with. And for the guy who reccomends I delete this post, what good does it do any of us to hide the truth?

There is a similar poll in this section about Black Widow ATV, and I saw no-one wanting that post deleted. It just so happens that 99% of the Black Widow feedback was excellent, and that's not the case here.

I don't doubt Maz is a really nice guy, or that his hearts in the right place and he has great intentions. That being said, being a nice guy doesn't get my parts to the door and good intentions don't get my quad fixed.

Mjollnir

#13 Post by Mjollnir »

Guess I'm a little sensitive since I see the bash Maz posts all the time and am frankly a bit sick of them. Although I didn't see the starting post of this thread as a bash Maz post, I certainly saw the opening for it to become one. I have confidence in Doug that it won't happen though.

That said... Ken, I was posting my experience with Maz. Please don't diminish my contribution to the conversation. Yes, he is a friend, yes, they were my kids. Character goes a long way in my book. I have also, at some point in the past, posted a "Where's Maz" post myself. I also agree with the sentiment that being owed parts sucks. However, if I'm owed parts by a complete a-hole and I'm owed parts by an extremely good man, you can bet that I'm going to cut the good guy some more slack. Maz falls into that category for ME, personally. I'm not saying that anyone else should feel the way that I do, just telling people how I feel about it.

I also never meant to insinuate that someone trying to get parts owed was beating a dead horse. That horse ain't dead til you get your parts. However, beating a man's well known flaws into the ground ad nauseum is the definition of beating a dead horse. That comment was my reaction to the initial feeling that I had in regard to this thread in that it might turn into a hate-fest about what a 'bad guy" Maz is. I was merely trying to head that off by making that comment, as well as adding my *personal* experience with Maz to try to add some perspective.

I really hate the adversarial air that has risen lately when dealing with the two Cannondale sites. I like hanging out at both sites, but whenever I make a comment, people seem to think that I'm posting as a mod or admin of Cannondaler. Particularly any time Maz comes up, it seems like the exclusive members of CannondaleRiders (that is, those that don't come to 'daler) immediately get it in their heads that our #1 goal at 'daler is to protect Maz and our other sponsors, which really couldn't be further from the truth. Guys, I'm a member of both these sites first, and any official role second. I take it seriously, but whenever I speak as the "admin" of Cannondaler, I'll sign "Cannondaler Admin" under my name at the bottom of the post. 99% of the time, it's just Marc, no more no less.

A lot of you met me at Glamis. Tell me, do I seem like an elitist SOB who doesn't care about people perceiving they have been screwed, or that I'm only in this thing to rile people up, or seem powerful, or piss people off? I don't think I come off like that. I sure hope I don't, because that's just not me.

Thanks,
Marc

Mjollnir

#14 Post by Mjollnir »

Eek, that last post was #666. Is that a bad omen? sad.gif

Marc

fig

#15 Post by fig »

Like Marc stated "we all know his flaws". His major flaw is he's too nice. My belief is that if he spent less time helping people out he would spend more time meeting his commitments. He is currently here in Southern California, he called me last night to see if I had a spare slave cylinder for a clutch. Someone who lives three hours north of where he is staying needs one immediately due to a race. Maz was talking about having to drive up to give the guy the part, three hours each way so a customer can race? Who else would consider doing that?

I haven't heard anyone call him a thief, I believe he will make good on any deal he makes. I agree 16 months or whatever for a pipe is insane. I don't know the whole story nor do I want to. If you ever have the chance to sit down with Maz and talk to him do it, he is a wealth of information (and a super nice guy). Just remember when he is BSing with you, someone's order is not being shipped!

If you need something and Haydug doesn't have it contact http://www.cdaleparts.com/ and give him a try.

kdeal

#16 Post by kdeal »

To All:

My statements are just a clearing of the air. I don't have a personal opinion of Maz, as I do not know him personally. I have sat around for months as several people have had problems and have not communicated them in a formal way. This post should be about business dealings with the company or in this case the individual, not how busy they are, where there at for the moment, or how nice they are, those are secondary issues.

Ken

Speed03

Just for the record

#17 Post by Speed03 »

Just for the record, I by no means have motivated anyone to start this POLL!!!

Although I have had some sucess in contacting MAZ, I have sitting in my box a very length apoligize but I'm waiting for finally resolustion which is to either produce me my FMF exhaust or refund my money so I may may a deal that can provide me an exhaust so that I may ride.

With that said, I will not add any fuel to this matter until 10 days has passed. Which I think is only fair to MAZ at this time. Or if someone so choses to donate $150.00 to have me go away and not bring up this every again would be acceptable if they feel this is not a big deal.

Dan

sillysspeed

#18 Post by sillysspeed »

Maz has gone out of his way to help me more than once. smile.gif

IRONSIDE

#19 Post by IRONSIDE »

I ordered a front sprocket from Maz on Feb. 9th. I have not received the part yet. I have left messages for him ( when his mailbox is not full) but have yet to get a return call about the status of my order. In my humble opinion, this is not a good way to conduct business. :deal:

MAZ

#20 Post by MAZ »

Wow... Lots to read over here.
I voted, Is that OK?

Look Guys... Say what you want, I do my best.
I am one guy, and I try to do as much for everyone as I can...

The people that choose "no parts and no refund....Please get a hold of me,
Email is pretty simple; maz@cdaleparts.com

I have a tough time coming up w/ four people I owe money/refund to, maybe I am wrong, and just getting a bit brain-dead.
At any rate, I will make it right as I can.

I got work to do.... Later