MX TECH

peterock

#11 Post by peterock »

I would not be happy with the end results Roger received as well. Set-up doesn't seem right and it appears as if he has lost some travel. ????

Looks like I may be talking Roger into a pair of Fox.......I think he is about to turn his into giant paper weights now.

UpsMan

#12 Post by UpsMan »

They would make good ice racing shocks, or TT shocks. I measured them, they are definately an inch shorter. I got the ride height close enough by moving some things around, and I'm going to test them out tomorrow. Who knows, maybe John is a genious. I just don't see how they could be right, with losing an inch in length.

Psychosis

#13 Post by Psychosis »

That's funny b/c when I sent them there they added length to the shock and though they were supposed to be ZPS they wouldn't get below like 10.5" ride height. Which isn't exactly acceptable in racing. They got them right the second time around but I really wasn't too impressed by their work. I paid like $450 just to get mine fixed, then sent back in and redone. They wouldn't redo the shocks free and charged me for a like $80 rebuild but said that was it or they wouldn't do anything. Hopefully they do you right though and fix them free.

UpsMan

#14 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (Psychosis @ Apr 14 2007, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's funny b/c when I sent them there they added length to the shock and though they were supposed to be ZPS they wouldn't get below like 10.5" ride height. Which isn't exactly acceptable in racing. They got them right the second time around but I really wasn't too impressed by their work. I paid like $450 just to get mine fixed, then sent back in and redone. They wouldn't redo the shocks free and charged me for a like $80 rebuild but said that was it or they wouldn't do anything. Hopefully they do you right though and fix them free.

You got charged $80 to fix his mistake? Oh Boy. I can see this is going to be fun. You should have posted this back when it happened so the rest of us could take it into consideration when deciding where to send our shocks. I have a feeling that there are more people out there that are less than pleased with their work, but for some reason don't want to complain.

thedeatons

#15 Post by thedeatons »

Hey UPS... How is the engine? Just out of curiousity, why didn't you guys just send them to Ohlins or the manufacturer? Like I said, just wondering. Guys around here send their stuff to Pro-Action for revalves, but I have always wondered why not send the Ohlins to Ohlins....

cdalerider75

#16 Post by cdalerider75 »

UpsMan.. I have read thru this post and I really have to side with you on your statement that if you speak out (negative feedback) against certain members whether it is a site sponsor or a member.. you really could be opening yourself up for a backlash from others.. even find yourself black balled from ever ordering parts ever again..

I am glad you posted your side, so others have a heads up. With that said others should get all the facts or ask others how there experience was with the member / sponsor.

Happyboy

#17 Post by Happyboy »

Charging for the fix is normal in this market. The all mighty Laz from GTThunder ripped me off in a bad way. He set my shocks to the wrong length then blamed me for it and charged me for a recharge.

QUOTE (cdalerider75 @ Apr 15 2007, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
UpsMan.. I have read thru this post and I really have to side with you on your statement that if you speak out (negative feedback) against certain members whether it is a site sponsor or a member.. you really could be opening yourself up for a backlash from others.. even find yourself black balled from ever ordering parts ever again.

Dangit Chris, just go away. All you have been doing since you came back is stir stuff up. He isn't going to get looked down upon for posting what he did. That is complete crap and you are just trying to start stuff. You act like a 5 year old then wonder why people get mad at you.

cdalerider75

#18 Post by cdalerider75 »

point proven.....

cdalerider75

#19 Post by cdalerider75 »

point proven...

Psychosis

#20 Post by Psychosis »

Yes, I did have to pay for it. I sent them to them b/c they assured me if would be top quality work and better than the rest. I found the reciepts and I paid $310 for 4 new springs, dual rebuild, dual revalve, plus seals and all, then $80 for the additional rebuild plus a total of $58 in shipping. So I ended up coming out almost $460 on a rebuilt set of shocks.

Plus I had to borrow shocks from C27 in the meantime. The second time back the shocks I had worked great and now another user here has them, but I got screwed the first time around. I'm done w/that crap and now have Fox.