Ccole

jcv440

#11 Post by jcv440 »

A function of Paypal allows you to retrieve your payment if you do not recieve the goods, as he claimed he didn't. When I distbuted the retreaval, Paypal asked me for shipment tracking numbers, and I didn't pay the $.45 for the conformation through USPS. Big lesson learned. Yes, I was late on shipping the skids, but he said he understood my predicements and didn't give any indication he was going to do this.

I woulda hose clamped them to the bottom of the R before you would have gotten them Doug! :w:

TheJaspMan

#12 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by jcv440
A function of Paypal allows you to retrieve your payment if you do not recieve the goods, as he claimed he didn't.  When I distbuted the retreaval, Paypal asked me for shipment tracking numbers, and I didn't pay the $.45 for the conformation through USPS.  Big lesson learned.   Yes, I was late on shipping the skids, but he said he understood my predicements and didn't give any indication he was going to do this.  

I woulda hose clamped them to the bottom of the R before you would have gotten them Doug!  :w:

But if you sent the good and he refuses to pay you or send your money back is this: send a certified letter to him stating your intent to file a theft by mail deception claim. Set a future date not exceding 30 days, but more than 10 to file. Then if he fails to respond file a fruad claim at the USPS. Or if you shipped it UPS call their security department. I know it's a lot of work, and can take some time. But you would be surprised how serious the USPS is about all the eBay thefts and private auction thefts going on right now. Total cost if about $5. I fell it's worth the hassle to add a little headache to a thiefs life.

Also when dealing with PayPal never send your item until the money has cleared and you are able to withdrawl. There are two kinds of payments. An instant transfer and a clearing payment. One is instant and non reversible. The other can take a week or more to clear.

I am dealing with a case where I sold something, when it arrived the guy felt he didn't get what he purchased. I told him to send it back and I would gladly refund his cash. He refused and said that he thought I did it on purpose. It took me nearly a month to prove the USPS Fruad Prevention team that I was doing everything I could to make it right. They finally dropped it after I sent a certified letter stating my intent to refund his money if he sent the item back. When he responded with a 'no' they sent a nice letter telling him that he just wasted their time and the case is closed. This all works the other way too. If he has the item and took his money back, legally he has to give you back the item or the cash. You have his address, pound on him!!!

jcv440

Thanks Jasp!!!!!!!

#13 Post by jcv440 »

Excellent info Jasp!! I'm starting it right now!! :clap: :head:

TheJaspMan

Re: Thanks Jasp!!!!!!!

#14 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by jcv440
Excellent info Jasp!!   I'm starting it right now!!    :clap: :head:

I send everything in duplicate. One certified requiring a signature. The other with a 'Delivery Confirmation'. If he signs you can prove he got it. But if he refuses to pick it up or sign for it you can't prove anything. The 2nd letter sent with a DC proves it was placed in his mailbox by a postal worker. They have a bar code that gets scanned at the moment the postal worker delivers.

ccole

#15 Post by ccole »

Hey i never even new this was here. LOLOLOL. I bought skids from this dude sent him the money with paypal BUT never recieved skids for over 30 days. I bought them for a Christmas present and they were no where to be found. E maild him a few times and he said he was going to send them. BUT on paypal you only have 30 days to protest so i did because i didn't have the skids in 30 days. Then when i received them in about 40 days from purchese date. i paypaled his coin back to him. This is crap.;

sillysspeed

#16 Post by sillysspeed »

Sounds like his shipping is slower than his Honda!!!