Maslanik Motorsports/Cdaleparts.com

jfarrar

#41 Post by jfarrar »

Originally posted by USAMoto00
So that was a "MAZ" engine that the Overall was WON on and not an ATK? Very interesting..........:usa

man thats what i was thinking.what happened to the atk engine?i thought it was atk all the way!surely an engine has to be worth more than a few referrals.:deal:

JeffQuadShop

#42 Post by JeffQuadShop »

The motor came from Maz and was raced a few times locally before the 04 season started then went to ATK for their conversion so it had the ATK conversion when I won Sparta.

bphillman

#43 Post by bphillman »

you guys are both respected members of the community. I am sure that Steve and you can resolve this off line.... It looks bad for both of you...

Jaybr

#44 Post by Jaybr »

Bphillman, I appreciate and respect the fact that you run your site the way you see fit, and I'm sure you wouldn't have let this thread go on over at Cannondaler. If not deleted due to the negative spin of the poll, it would certainly been locked early on.

This is not Cannondaler, and it seems that the only time you post over here anymore is to defend your practices at Cannondaler or try and help Maz out in some fashion. On this forum, given the option of doing whats best for the vendor, or doing whats best for the consumer, we choose the consumer. Everybody knows that Haydug owns this site, yet when someone post a negative thread about Haydug Cycles, it goes un-moderated.

I have no doubt that Jeff has tried his best to resolve this offline. I personally have been in situations that I have tried to reach Maz and he has not returned my calls or emails. On the opposite side of this, I've never had any trouble whatsoever getting ahold of Jeff, he always returns my emails or voicemails within 24 hours and usually the same day.

In fact, I sent Maz an email last Monday informing him that his Falicon crank he ordered is ready to ship, and I have still not heard back from him. I won't send another email or try and track Maz down, the crank will just go to someone else.

Now, my 2 cents on Maz and Cdaleparts.com

Maz is a fantastic guy, he goes out of his way to help people and is knowledgable on Cannondales.

That being said, I am not a patient man. If I'm told 2 weeks on parts I expect my parts in 2 weeks. I don't expect to have to call, email, or PM the vendor to check on those parts a month later, and I certainly don't expect to have to track that vendor down 6 months later and post negative threads just to get a response.

In all honesty, if Maz was the only source for Cannondale parts, I would have sold both of my Cannondales a long time ago. Fortunately, there are other vendors out there that can supply any part I've needed, and they all do so in a timely manor.

jacobw

#45 Post by jacobw »

Originally posted by Jaybr
Bphillman, I appreciate and respect the fact that you run your site the way you see fit, and I'm sure you wouldn't have let this thread go on over at Cannondaler.  If not deleted due to the negative spin of the poll, it would certainly been locked early on.

This is not Cannondaler, and it seems that the only time you post over here anymore is to defend your practices at Cannondaler or try and help Maz out in some fashion.  On this forum, given the option of doing whats best for the vendor, or doing whats best for the consumer,  we choose the consumer.  Everybody knows that Haydug owns this site, yet when someone post a negative thread about Haydug Cycles, it goes un-moderated.

I have no doubt that Jeff has tried his best to resolve this offline.  I personally have been in situations that I have tried to reach Maz and he has not returned my calls or emails.    On the opposite side of this, I've never had any trouble whatsoever getting ahold of Jeff, he always returns my emails or voicemails within 24 hours and usually the same day.

In fact, I sent Maz an email last Monday informing him that his Falicon crank he ordered is ready to ship, and I have still not heard back from him.  I won't send another email or try and track Maz down, the crank will just go to someone else.

Now, my 2 cents on Maz and Cdaleparts.com

Maz is a fantastic guy, he goes out of his way to help people and is knowledgable on Cannondales.

That being said, I am not a patient man. If I'm told 2 weeks on parts I expect my parts in 2 weeks.  I don't expect to have to call, email, or PM the vendor to check on those parts a month later, and I certainly don't expect to have to track that vendor down 6 months later and post negative threads just to get a response.

In all honesty, if Maz was the only source for Cannondale parts, I would have sold both of my Cannondales a long time ago.  Fortunately, there are other vendors out there that can supply any part I've needed, and they all do so in a timely manor.

Good point Jay and I agree when I am told 2 days 2 weeks or whatever time frame I expect my parts in that time frame not 6 months or 1 year later.

bphillman

#46 Post by bphillman »

tell you what Jay.. I'll stay clear of here then.. If my opinion is not valued because I own the other site. Defending Maz is not the point, but you wouldn't know that now would you....

and the next time any of the "so called experts" need to call Maz for help because they cant get mapping right, or they cant figure out what is wrong with their customers bikes/quads... during the hours long conversation about their customers bike/quad not running starting ir some other silly thing.. someones crap is not getting shipped, and another call is not getting answered.. Maz is about the only guy left on these forums with real FACTORY experience. I appreciate and respect him for those attributes, and the fact he knows more about these things than you and I put together.

As to the reference at cannondaler and our practices.. I dont appreciate it.. This is pure ignorance on your part. Everyone knows this is the Haydug show and thats fine, I've never complained about it. I have no issues whatsoever with him. I have heard however of peoples posts recently being deleted over here as well because they were selling something that Haydug did as well... hmmmm pretty selective. All I said was that the respected vendors in our combined community should air their dirty laundry offline. It hurts the community as a whole. I am sure Steve will get with Jeff when he can. This could had all been avoided if Steve answered his email more quickly, sure. He simply cant right now... I know this for fact, you don't.

I find it humerous that the poll was started by a person with no experience with Maz, and not with an explaination of something like " I wanted to see what people's thoughts were about him before doing I do business with him".

To those of you that don't know him, get to know him when he is less busy, you'll be happy you did. If you need me I'll be doing something constructive on cannondaler.com, as opposed to feeding anymore into the destructive behavior here...

Jaybr

#47 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by bphillman
If you need me I'll be doing something constructive on cannondaler.com, as opposed to feeding anymore into the destructive behavior here...

So who exactly is the behavior here destructive too? I certainly don't see where it's destructive to the members.

The way I see it, it's in the members best interest for the facts to be known about vendors they potentially deal with in this small community. If the majority of our members happen to have an excellent eperience with a vendor it should be made know to the rest of the members. If members have a negative experience with a vendor that should be made known as well.

How many owners have sold their dales because they couldn't get parts as promissed, or got bad motor or crank work done? How much of that could have been avoided if people would have posted their negative experiences with that vendor?

I know if I was new to this forum, and got directed to a vendor for parts or service, and that vendor let me down, I'd loose respect for the forum.

jacobw

#48 Post by jacobw »

seems to me that if we are satified customers we can post all the good things we want but then if people end up having a bad experience then we are da**ed if we post anything bad that is why I quit going over to cannondale to many posts were getting deleted over stuff like this and its not fair to the consumer I have never done business with maz I have always sent mine to haydug and jeff and always had good experiences with both thanks guys:clap: :clap:

haydug

#49 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by bphillman

I have heard however of peoples posts recently being deleted over here as well because they were selling something that Haydug did as well... hmmmm pretty selective.

Well, I have stayed quiet up until this point, but here goes:
I specifically read a post from you to cannondale27 that in short words said "if you don't agree with me, please leave my site". That you will never read here. I guess after you deleted it, we won't read it there either. With the knowledge that Steve (27) has, I would be a fool to invite him away from this site. Brave move, and feel lucky you didn't lose him.
As for post getting deleted, there is NO post that gets deleted around here, unless it DOES NOT fit in the RULES that are posted clearly to follow. Those rules are to protect our paying site sponsors. Mr. Hillman, would you care if I come onto daler and start posting 450 kits for sale? How about gasket kits?
I spoke with Jim (when he owned daler) about this, (and I have donated to that site several times.) He informed me about the broken promises people make, "let me sell 20 plugs, and I'll kick in $1 per plug for the site" that 8 out of 10 times does not happen. That is the reason for any deleted posts on this site.

However, you will not see a deleted post/thread for someone saying " I ordered parts 6 months ago, where are they". If you orderd parts, you should know where the order stands at any point.
As you know, I do business with Maz, however getting my parts is a slow affair, and I compensate for it. He is actually in dept to me at the moment, and low and behold I can't reach him.

As for this being "my show" this is by far my show. I have this site to keep the cannondale's out there running. You don't know how many people I talked to when the crank fiasco was going on who parted their dales out, or junked them and bought a yamaha so they could ride. I truly believe these are great bikes, and have made a commitment to keep them running. Maybe I didn't work at the factory, but working their doesn't automatically make you any more knowledgeable than someone who has been into these as much as say wisetech/c27/timbo/ etc. etc.
So, with that off my chest, please come back Brian, I hate to see a member go. As with Maz, he is welcome anytime. Anytime you guys want to go out and eat a nice dinner on the east coast, call me.

bphillman

#50 Post by bphillman »

Doug,

this is all open for interpretation as is the case all too often on the interenet.. The original issue with C27 was regarding a viloation of our rule, and he was asked to reword.. ( I feel I have said this all before) where it was then decided to come over here and shout censorship, I had to deal with it.. After it was all said and done, I looked back and thought it over.. I pulled my own post as I don't think it was worth pursuing and I had conversed offline with 27 where we essentially agreed to disagree. I wasn't as much telling 27 to leave as I was stating that these are the rules and that is that. It became something that wasn't productive. At my home, I can love my kids, but if they decide not to obey the rules, thats that. I appreciate the work he does and has done, but there is a point where I wasn't willing to flirt with.

So we BOTH have deleted posts that do not meet our criteria.. It is not about protecting anyone as has been stated time and time again..

At any rate isues with delivery of parts from Maz is his issue..