Haydug

OCMANJOE

Haydug

#1 Post by OCMANJOE »

I and Doug had agreed to a trade for a brand new '02 cannibal for my moderatly modded '02 banshee. So we trade i get the dale home and start charging the battery. I come back the next day install the battery put gas in and try to start it. Nothing! The starter motor is working its just not able to turn over the motor for some reaon. So we take off the plastic,tank,and etc,.... and the spark plug. Try to turn the rear wheels while in gear and absolutly no movement. The motor was seized. Oh to top it off there was no coolant in the atv and there was very minimal amount of oil in the engine mostly because oil was leaking from the case. So i call doug the first day it happens and he says he is getting this other motor all ready and when its done he will come and install it. A week goes by another week goes by and no gaskets. Then he says he will come with a new cannibal on sunday(this is while the group ride was) Never even calls, my mother calls him and gets ahold of him finally and he says he could not make it so he says monday. Never even calls monday. This time he told me he was giving me a brand new dale. So my mom calls him monday to finally get ahold of him. he says " im gonna swap out the motors " He also says he wants to use the old piston out of the seized motor I said no to that. So once i got ahold of him again we told him we wanted the banshee back. So the guy was comming thursday. The night b4 he pms me telling me if you wana wait i have this other 02's but i need to put parts on them. I asked what parts were needed obviously I really wanted a dale. So he finally calls me the next day to ask me if i want him to just send up a motor? NO!!!!!! so all in all it was a aggrivating ordeal that took a month away from riding. Also the machine was used the side covers were scuffed and the pegs were scratched up. All in all i would not do business with Doug again and would not encourage anyone else to do business with him. Im still getting a dale but not from him. He is too layed back with everything when he needed to get this problem resolved and over with and it ended up being a waste of time.-JOE :hammer:

haydug

#2 Post by haydug »

Since you do want to slam me on here, tell the rest of the story.

Yes I sent you a machine straight out of the box, that I guess had a problem. The bike has been ridden very little. However the tires were alot cleaner than when the bike was returned. Did you ride it a little?

You do live 8 hours from me, so not like I could just run over and try to fix the bike. I tried to find out the tool situation and such before coming, seems no tools would be there, as would no assistance. So here I am, driving 8 hours one way and need a small bolt or tool that you don't have and I forgot, drive back home and come right back up and continue (16 hours later??)?

I tried working with you on this, and you want to call me a bad business man, well if I were that bad you would still have a cannondale, not your unridden banshee back that I had to pay a guy to deliver back to your door.

How am I to know you did not start this cannibal without first checking the fluids and blow it up??

I was originally the one to offer to trade you back, then you started wanting to wait a little while longer and try to get the dale fixed, oh and I did save the pm's. Actually the morning Scott left you were trying to talk your mom into waiting a little while longer.
I cannot help it if parts aren't laying on my shelf to fix a machine, I think if you do some research, you will find lot's of cannondale owners waiting on some part or another.

The reason the new bike trade did not work out, was the new one's were FX 400's not cannibals like you have.
I offered a very reasonable trade on the new 2003 model, but you did not want to spend any money, so that deal is not my fault.

I also would highly reccomend you NOT to get a Cannondale, they are awesome machines that require alot of attention and will need worked on at some point, at which you will be at the mercy of someone else.
I think you will find others who have dealt with me, of which 99% are satisfied.
I just wanted to state my side here, and will NOT tolerate a pi**ing match of any sort between anyone on this site. There is always 2 sides, you stated your's, I've stated mine. This thread need not responded to.
Thank you for your business, sorry the deal didn't work out.
I hope you enjoy your new cannondale, and there are alot of people on this site that can and will help you with any future problems you might encounter with your new machine.

OCMANJOE

#3 Post by OCMANJOE »

childish thats all i can say. The forums is about this stuff. I stated what happened and its the truth. Leave it at that

4punksdad

#4 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by OCMANJOE
childish thats all i can say. The forums is about this stuff. I stated what happened and its the truth. Leave it at that

your signature needs to be changed........

you got your bike back...............end of story. If you continue with the comments you are asking for trouble.