What happened?

USAMoto00

What happened?

#1 Post by USAMoto00 »

I wanted to see the answer to that Dean Foster post. I had no idea that SBM was treating people like that and if they are I don't think that we should be kept in the dark. Just thought I'd let that out cause I don't know how many people read that before it was deleted or what not.

southbaymoto

#2 Post by southbaymoto »

I completely agree with you. Dean is a valued customer as are many that read this board. I respect Dean and will do what ever it takes to bring his issue to resolution. Below is an edited version of the reply to Dean??????????????????s post. If you want the whole thing please let me know and I will PM it to you. It contains material that would be offensive to some engine builders, motorcycle manufacturers, and vendors in this industry. I along with some of the moderators for this board felt it best to refine my post and re-release it as a new thread.

Reply:

I believe this to be quite an unfair post considering that you have waited three months after receiving your engine to make any attempt to contact me and either request support or even to discuss your alleged issue. I know if I had spent my hard earned money on a service I would not wait three months to request support.

We do offer a start up warranty on all engines that we install our kits on. I sent you a copy of this warranty in the box back with your engine. Apparently you felt it more important to publicly flame me on an Internet message board than contact me for support on your engine.

After reading your post I had sent you an email asking you to call me and inform me of your issue as I am still unaware of what is going on as you have not made an attempt to contact me to date. In that correspondent I had also offered you all of our resources to get your issue resolved and at no cost to you shipping or any other for that matter. I am unclear on what else I could possibly do to satisfy you and provide you with the best possible service.

As hard as we try we cannot always make everyone happy. We have installed our kits into hundreds of engines; the majority of our customers are completely satisfied by our products and our superior customer service and technical support. We will do our best to satisfy each and every customer. If you aren??????????????????t willing to work with us my hands are tied.

Sincerest Regards,

Dustin Lunde
President
South Bay Moto
310-530-8056
dusty@southbaymoto.com

cannondale4good

#3 Post by cannondale4good »

YOU GO SOUTHBAY!!!!! I want everybody to know I just got my Southbay motor back and it's SUPER COOL!!! Granted, I have'nt got it in yet, but I'm sure itchin' to do so! That was pretty cheap and unfair if the story is indeed like the above. Looks like Southbay is gettin' the shaft.......slurp....slurp....slurp....(did I get any on me?)..lol.

haydug

#4 Post by haydug »

I will testify to SBM customer service. I received my engine back from them, and was at first unhappy, but after speaking with Dustin about it, he answered all of my queastions, and done everything to make sure I was happy.
I will say that there has been some unfair bashing of SBM going on different sites. We try to treat everyone fairly on this site, and will not tolerate flaming towards anyone.
I know that some of SBM secrets are now being offered elswhere. To say that one man is responsible for all upgrades would be unfair to anyone involved. To claim that since one man has left a company and now they know nothing would also be really foolish. I have learned a lot about these engines in the last year, with the help of several people/forums. I have a mechanic working for me, if he left today, I could still finish the work we have going on, but the grizzly 600 sitting here probably wouldn't be done tomorrow. I guess what I'm saying is that when you get a shop going, and there is more than one employee, it becomes a team. Now, suddenly drop a member and you must regroup. It sounds like SBM is regrouped and marching on through this. I applaud them for their efforts.
Everyone knows that others are now offering reliability kits. This kinda falls back to the discussion on Maz's airbox (or Abbot's for that matter) they have taken the time to test it and refine it, so if that is what you want, go to them directly.
I look foward to riding my SBM engine very soon. I had heard nothing but great things about them when I sent my engine. They were also one of the only games in town.
Stay tuned for a full write up and review of my SBM engine, along with other reviews we are working on.

USAMoto00

#5 Post by USAMoto00 »

I appreciate the time taken to respond to this issue. I wasn't trying to start any problems, but merely find some answers about what was alleged. I know in the future I will want engine work done and I just thought that we should know IF there was problems at SBM. That post of reply shows that you do indeed make the efforts to do your best and help the customer. With the money invested in these high tech motors I just think that people want to know that they can trust the mechanic to do what he says he can within the time period that he says he can. I thank you again and appauld your professionalism SBM. Haydug- you need to chage the restrictions on the sponsor page because I could not reply to your post!! Do the steering stems have the stabilizer tabs on them?

cannondale4good

#6 Post by cannondale4good »

Well...it's official. Just got done with the finishing touches with my SBM motor. Way to go Southbay!!!! Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs like a kitten. Can't tell you how good it feels to set aboard a fully set up quad, and finally feel at peace about the engine under you. Obviously the motor has been this quad's biggest weakness. Well not anymore. Can't wait to spank the Yamaha's and Honda's and leave the riders of those "cookie cutter quad's" scratching their heads. he-he-he.smile.gif