70hp club....short list

Post your dyno charts here!
wistech

#11 Post by wistech »

Well you remember that my 470 was down to 52 with the bad gas before the button was pressed so it most likely would have been around 75 had it started at 57 where it should have been that day. I hope to have the 470 closer to 58-59 before the juice get next time and then we can go to a full 20 to 25hp shot as well so if it doesnt blow chunks I dont see 80 as being unreachable.

By the way can the mods make this a private forum for those of us who earned the right to post here. dry.gif
You know keep some of these crybaby 50hp club guys and other riff raff out .

timbomoose

#12 Post by timbomoose »

HAPPYBOY SAY'S"And when we are hitting 60 i do hope the quad is trail ready, not missing certain things that would be needed to ride with. cough cough stator cough brakes cough "

I believe sorry to say this is a rip on wistech. I'm ready for a dyno shootout at a groupride Quads as ridden. My 495 was at 63 with no tricks.Will admit tryed the oxygenated and did nothing on this motor should have tryed backing the timing down. All the naturally aspirated quads in the 60hp club seem to be my motors with no tricks as ridden.Come on its getting lonely here too.Kidding aside.I don't think there is anything wrong with the dyno tricks when going for a record.Just should have a chart as ridden and what fuel too. Hey Wistech when is there going to be someone else to competete with besides you. How's this sound get one of your quads in the 60hp club without 02 fuel and no tricks and join my club and I'll shoot a little nos to keep you and happy company in the 70 club.Hopefully I don't just skip over and start my own 80hp club.Please keep using that green weenie exhuast and I'm already equal with your nitrous just take a 1000rpms higher for the same power.I couldn't believe how much a silencer could make or break a motor.

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

That 60hp is DANG hard to come by I will attest to that.Its coming though I hope.

wistech

#14 Post by wistech »

The green weenie rocks ........its rocks. Hey Tim I friggin dare you to go for 80 . No No I double dog dare you. I think we all know that Happy is to much of a chickturd to crank up the juice and all other engine builders have yet to get into the 50hp club . I guess your my only hope of getting me motivated. Oh ya can I have my crank for the nitrous quad back or are you holding back on me again to keep me down.

Happyboy

#15 Post by Happyboy »

Anyone who hits 80hp either has huge nuts or way too much money. smile.gif I have neither. ohmy.gif

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

I need Turbo $.Guy here really wants me to build a Dale motor with his turbo he has off a DS650.Just need time and $ and balls too i guess!

timbomoose

#17 Post by timbomoose »

I agree it take alot of balls for that 80hp.No one knows how well a Dale will hold up to that kind of hp.80hp might be reached but more than likely a very short and costly grenaded life.

kdeal

#18 Post by kdeal »

Tim,

How about a mobil dyno at the next ride at Majestic? I tried this idea once before but, a few people complained about the time it would take away from the tuners to ride. I was thinking of having them get there early for the tuning people and then they can stay for Saturday for bragging rights. I think we have somebody from Ohio with a mobil dyno that can go if we want.

2000ex

#19 Post by 2000ex »

Have one day devoted to tuning. I am sure all of us could learn a lot from watching the masters at work and how to adjust maps on the fly. I certainly would! I will bring all 4 of mine and have them tuned to perfection smile.gif

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes it needs to be done.Seeing and hearing the big power motors actually putting down runs you dont need to even see the charts you can just tell its going to be big hp.I would be willing to tune for a day.