Pete's ATK

Post your dyno charts here!
cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

Its a ATK.Most came with a 97mm.Its Arimoks old quad.

peterock

#12 Post by peterock »

I'll post the dyno charts later or Steve might beat me to it. Around 45.5hp with new ATK piston kit.

We then switched to some race fuel. First we ran some Klotz 113 octane oxy race gas. KL-492. We did not see any difference on the dyno from 93 octane pump gas. Then we ran some VP U4. We saw about .5 to 1 hp gain over the pump and klotz fuel. With the U4 we were hitting 46hp consistently.

I know they have had better results with the race fuel on modified engines, but it looks like in stock form there really isn't a justifiable gain for the price you pay for the gas. Both cans of race fuel were just opened today too.

Thanks to Steve for his time and knowledge and Mike's Cycle Shop as we did about 75 runs on the dyno.

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

It was fun.Its good for me to not forget how to tune stock injectors.I will admit I would like Arimuks to explain how come whatever map he had in there made so much power with as crummy a AFR as it had.Honestly has me stumped.Either way congrats Pete your full fledged 45hp club member.For a stocker with airbox and filter that is really good.Not sure if your old piston was worn but you did have a 1hp gain with no changes.Klotz sure was a dissappointment.Even the U4 really wasnt impressive.Did learn the dip on UPSmans quad must be the QRS pipe.Glad I got it tuned out on yours.I wish guy who ran dyno last time for you would have used 4th gear.Also have no idea why we couldnt get rpm's even though they showed on dyno?

haydug

#14 Post by haydug »

I called Him on this again and asked him, He said it was an X440/speed map with a TS of 110, and he tweeked the flowrate and offset with the AFR he had and got the AFR to read just like the green one on you're readings which looks from here to be a steady 13:5 area. He used VP 110 or Sunoco 110 race gas 50/50 with 93 in everything he has.

You guys shouldn't have chased him away with these kind of results.

cannondale27

#15 Post by cannondale27 »

I called Him on this again and asked him, He said it was an X440/speed map with a TS of 110, and he tweeked the flowrate and offset with the AFR he had and got the AFR to read just like the green one on you're readings which looks from here to be a steady 13:5 area. He used VP 110 or Sunoco 110 race gas 50/50 with 93 in everything he has.

You guys shouldn't have chased him away with these kind of results.

Yea but it wasnt us guys who chased him away.He got banned.Always did compliment him on his tuning efforts he just never quite understood where we were coming from though with the motors we were doing.The red line was with his mapping.Pump gas.Will need to give that map a try definitly power there.Map I used was Motospeed but we did it with a different ECU since there was no way to retrieve Arimoks map out of old ECU and we didnt know what it was.Appreciate him helping out though for sure.

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

Double post

peterock

#17 Post by peterock »

Not in the Blaze/speed or the X440/speed. I did work with differnt timing in some maps and came up with different power where I wanted but those are all gone since tim kicked me off of riders.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: ******@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: ATK Quad
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 16:14:07 -0500

Did you make any changes to the ignition timing in the maps? Curious about making some changes but not sure how to change is a safe change.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2007 4:08 PM
To: Peter
Subject: RE: ATK Quad

Last I remember, I was running the x440/speed map in there with a TS of 110.

> From: feldner31@hotmail.com
> To: ******@hotmail.com
> Subject: ATK Quad
> Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 23:35:30 -0500
>
> Chris,
>
> Can you tell me or send me the map that you had loaded into the ecu when you
> sold me this quad. I bought the Diag Kit but as you are aware, you need to
> send a map with almost anything you do. I've had this quad on the dyno and
> the map that came with the quad performs the best. I was able to try
> different maps by using a different ecu. Thanks.
>
> Pete Feldner

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

Pete did you get to ride yesterday?Did you switch ECU's?

peterock

#19 Post by peterock »

I rode with the ECU and map we tuned. Ran good and strong. Sometime this week I may take a look at the map ****** is talking about and the one we tuned to see what is different and where. Does sound like there could be something with changing the ignition timing slightly.

When you think about it, that is what all the add on aftermarket controllers did that you could buy for the carbed motors. Something we should look into though and find out how much of a change is a safe change.

peterock

#20 Post by peterock »

To clear up the entire head ported or not question on this motor. Myself and Steve confirmed last night that it has been untouched. Numbers are complete stock motor.