50 hp club

Post your dyno charts here!
cannondale27

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

Well the old beast finally got it!Past runs I used full airbox and one time I didnt I had tight valves so up till now never broke 50hp.Got to thank Timbo,Mark and tom for engine work,Hogman for Harley injector idea,Canniboomer for filter,BlackWidow for exhaust and Wistech for giving me crap about not hitting it(motivation)!

Bad news is due to my inexperience with ProCal and mapping I wasted over a hour of dyno time and close to 30runs.All tuning was done using Timbos Eliminator map and tweaking the map with stock range flow of 2650 and offset of .85 Well when you make a new map I didnt know the correct saving procedure and ended up sending the same map over and over again.Once I figured out what I was doing wrong the map was so far leaned out the run had to be aborted and I had to start all over again with the original base Eliminator map.I gotta say tuning with the map is definitly the way to go.Only made 4 changes after my error and really was making great progress.When funds and time allow will tweak some more.I am sure there is a hp or two left and then want to fine tune 10 or so throttle positions and timing.Few results from today:
Harley injectors are very sensitive to flowrate change.Flowrate will only move the entire AFR up or down keeping the exact same curve from top to bottom.This means to get a flat curve ONLY way is to do map changes.

Moving the Airtemp sensor away from radiator heat gives more realistic tuning when sitting still on a dyno even with fans running was a 20 deg difference.If in a airbox probably not a factor.

The Cyclone does make a difference.Seems to smooth out AFR vs MX airhorn and does give at least 1/2 hp.

The BlackWidow pipe beat the Ti Ft pipe but produces a little less bottom end.Very Impressed.I had my doubts but I put it on last and its staying on for sure.Here is the BlackWidow-vs-Ti FT

Second chart is some AFR's the one that goes off chart is the one where I messed up the map and was way way lean.Shows there is lots of adjustability with the maps if nothing else.

The two that are same shape was a flowrate change.

Other lean one was first run

For some reason my motor now likes to run around 12 to 1 for most power.

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

nice...i have to scan our dyno runs from 2 weeks ago. I got 50.5 (really like 50) an Mark got 51.5. smile.gif And his was with stock box.

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

Looks like your hidden power has finnally showed itself. smile.gif Congradulations.

dalewannbe

#4 Post by dalewannbe »

I want to join that club!

Happy boy, who is Mark? I assume he has a dale?

big.elk.hunter

#5 Post by big.elk.hunter »

So how expencive is it to get 50 hp from one of our engines? and what all needs to be done to get those kind of numbers??? has anyone ran nos in a dale yet?

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Here is one with 06 450r,StAnthony and mine.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Kara 432
ATK 450
c27 468
Wistech 470

dalewannbe

#8 Post by dalewannbe »

QUOTE (big.elk.hunter @ May 12 2006, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So how expencive is it to get 50 hp from one of our engines? and what all needs to be done to get those kind of numbers??? has anyone ran nos in a dale yet?

A stock piston, stroker crank and port job with open airbox will get you 50hp.

Port job is around $400

You'll need the open airbox or cannibommer setup, I believe canniboomers setup is just over $100.

Wistech, made just over 50 on Kara's stock crank. Most everyone else is using a stroker crank. A timbo stroker crank was around $500, but I'm not sure if he's stroking cranks anymore.

The piston kits vary in price, and Timbo sells them. Like I mentioned a stock piston is all you need if yours is still reuseable.

Of course if you want to go bigger, I belive there are super stroker cranks and there are bigger piston kits. But then you need the harley injectors to get the motor enough fuel. You can see the results of that motor in Timbo's section.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

That all looks about right.But look at it this way its a lot cheaper than buying a new quad and most of ours are three - five years old anyway so they have outlived their cost already.

GDITheman

#10 Post by GDITheman »

sweet deal c27. you guys truly are hardcore. sometimes i look forward to blowing up my engine so i can get you gurus to tweak it some more.